The "Party" is over........

With the "event" that happened last night.

I guess the big party is over?  I hope that don't mean the protests will start again...

:(:(

All things being said, I really did feel VERY bad for Brazil and that HORRENDOUS BEATING. Because as we all know it was not just a "loss," the beating was HUMILIATING because it was a beating in EVERY sense of the word and in every way!:

1) Brazil's WORLD-RENOWNED standing in the futbol arena.
2) The BEATING took place in their HOME country IN FRONT OF their HOME fans.
3) The beating STARTED IMMEDIATELY, 5-0 within the first 35 minutes!
4) It was the WORSE such beating of this ENTIRE World Cup. (I recall a 8-0 beating in the 2010 World Cup between Paraguay and I forget which other country, but, though I don't remember what other country that was, I DO recall the OTHER country did NOT have the standing that Brazil has in the sport. So, the only thing surprising about THAT score was that, in futbol, scores hardly ever reach above 4 or 5 goals.)

As we all know, no matter what issues people may have with Brazil's horrendous mishandling of the country's funds, their abuses of their people or of the calamity that WAS the World Cup "preparation," the futbol team have nothing to do with the government, and so, we should all AT THE VERY LEAST congratulate them and ADMIRE them for not just picking up and GIVING UP and leaving the field once it became PAINFULLY OBVIOUS that there was NO WAY for them to WIN, especially amidst the jeering BOOs of disappointment, shock and disgust of their home crowd. I don't blame the fans for their shock and disgust, for we ALL were in DISMAY, but at the same time, I felt greatly for the team.

So, as far as I'M concerned, PARABENS to each and every team member for that alone, for not just giving up and leaving the field with their tails between their legs, and it is a BIG THING.

And as far as the fans, maybe they were just in paralyzing shock, but I was amazed and relieved that they basically all went home whimpering and some even crying and angry, but there were EXTREMELY few episodes of violent acting-out. So, PARABENS to the fans also. I hope once reality sets in and the shock wears off, that that pacifity continues.

Dalia

Dalia,

I'm sorry to disagree with you.  But the Brazil team DID gave up after the 2nd goal.  They have no idea what to do at the moment, and they let fear paralyzed them.  This led to the "quicksand" mentality where nothing you do is right, and in football (any sports) self believe is critical to winning.

Their objective and play seems quite obvious from the start, push up fast, rush the Germans, go for the early goal.  To be fair perhaps their desire to "win it for Neymar", made them believe they can get the early goal.  However you need to know that Brazil was on the field without Capt. Silva, who in my humble opinion is one of the best defender and Capt. in this World Cup.  The first one was a freebie, which I am sure if Silva was there would not have happened.  The 2nd COULD (but I don't think so) be put down to a breakaway play against the flow.  But the rest as they say will go into the book of history.

I feel for the Brazilian fans.  Many who were crying, or with disbelieve in their eyes (where I was watching).  My Brazilian friend buried her face into my chest, and could not stop crying after the 3rd goal.

With the benefit of hindsight.  I believe if they kept the emotion in check and play a disciplined game, even without Neymar and Sliva they could have win it (or at the very least kept the scores reasonable).

Cheers

Lighthand

While I fully admit that I haven't seen the entire game yet (was at work and recorded it and still have not had time to watch), I DID see each and every goal on TV (they've replayed it 1000 X, as is understandable, considering the history-making event it was, good or bad), and, while it was obvious, for example, that the goalie, for one, was just standing there and letting the ball fly by him without making the slightest attempt to raise his hands or dive for it, what I am referring to by "not giving up" is LITERALLY NOT WALKING OFF THE FIELD. In my opinion, they were as much in shock regarding what was happening as their fans and the world who was watching were. That's how they appeared. The only difference of course is the viewers had no control over the events and they DID, as THEY were PLAYING! But I don't know if it was Neymar's absence that did a head-game on them or WHAT, but it was painfully obvious that SOMETHING was NOT RIGHT. That's all.

So, I said it before and I'll say it again. Just sayin'.

If after I watch it in its entirety I change my opinion, I will be the FIRST to admit it.

I understand your point of view.

But to really walk off the field would be a unmitigated disaster of unbelievably proportion.

I honestly think they tried their best.  But to me if you want and demand to play on a stage this big, they should be prepared for it (they are all Pro footballers after all).

In any case they played and lost, but they will have another chance (I believe) in Russia 2018.  Hopefully the current young team will take the lesson from this game, and redeem themselves at the next big party.

Sigh.....

Anyways would love to hear from you after you watched the game.

Cheers

The New Brazilian National Anthem

Ouviram do Pampulha as margens plácidas
O choro de um povo muito confiante,
E o sol da vitória, em raios fúlgidos,
Foi roubada da pátria nesse instante.

Se pensar em desigualdade
Alemães conquistaram com braços fortes,
Era tão feio, a realidade,
Bateu no peito o sentido da própria morte!

Ó pátria despreparada,
Atrapalhada,
Salve! Salve!

https://scontent-b-gru.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10489635_732580980120880_341057793918867312_n.jpg

LOL.

I knew I could count on you for something like that, William.  :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Laugh so hard my side is aching.

You say you are sorry for Brazil but by going in such detail.It sounds like you are rubbing it in! I am sure they don't want or need to be reminded of this loss!!!!!!!

Who ever said I was sorry for Brazil. The team and the country got exactly what they deserved. The team and it's has been coach "Filipão" who has insisted on building a team around one so-called superstar with everyone else depending on him to carry the whole show. He's just an old dog that can't lean new tricks. The German team on the other hand has been preparing, training and working out strategies since 2006. The truly deserved the win.

Brazil and it's government... well I won't even get started on that. Suffice to say it too was well deserved.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Actually I was addressing this to Lacret60 ! Lmao

Yes, I knew he was referring to me. Though would've been nice if you had specified to whom your comment was addressed, as many people have commented here.

And, in answer to your comment, I very much doubt many Brazilian-born Brazilians look in on this blog to feel anything is rubbed in or not. Talking here mostly to expats or future expats.

Actually it's quite strange for me, cause after the initial few days after "The Lost".  My local friends started making mickeys of themselves.

I love the one where they say "Well... at least we MADE a record that will be hard to beat!".

Can't argue wth THAT one, huh, Lighthand...?! Lol.

Sorry if I came off rude!  It was not my intention !

I'm not a big fotebol fan, but I was in UK for two weeks at the time of the world cup where it was practically impossible not to watch quite a few games, at least if you want to be sociable. I watched the game against Germany in a bar in Newcastle. I was cheering for Brasil. It was embarrassing the way Germany destroyed Brasil. My UK friends who are all football fanatics weren't at all surprised. According to them Germany's strategy is completely the opposite type of game that Brasil plays. The outcome was exactly what they expected and several of them won a lot of money betting for Germany, "putting their money where their mouths are". Brasil didn't show up at the game to counter Germany, but to play their own style, which obviously didn't work. I think Scolari got what he deserved. Germany's strategy was not a secret and he could have prepared the team for it, but he didn't. It's his failure as well as the failure of the team. I hope they get over the loss and rebuild the way Germany did.

rc206, thank you, and no harm done...!

And, thinkingaboutmovingtorio, I truly do believe that, come next World Cup, we'll be seeing a SEA of NEW FACES on that team, and I HOPE the coach's face will be one of the.!

lacret60 wrote:

rc206, thank you, and no harm done...!

And, thinkingaboutmovingtorio, I truly do believe that, come next World Cup, we'll be seeing a SEA of NEW FACES on that team, and I HOPE the coach's face will be one of the.!

You don't have to wait that long to see the face of the new coach. Dunga was appointed today. I hope he does what Germany did and rebuilds the team from the bottom up.

As my Brazilian beauty would say, "Isso e OTIMO!!!!"