Extension of ED visa for Internship

Hello eveybody, I want some informations about my visa because so fat I ve had lots of contradictory informations.
So I arrived 2 weeks ago with a ED Visa, I am now doing internship in a company in Asok, i will stay for one year

So I need to go extend my visa as it is available only 3 months, I know I must go to immigration office, but what are the documents needed ? (some say I will need working permit, some say no...) If someone knows exactly what to do or have had similar experience, I would be glad to hear it !
thanks everyone and enjoy your stay

Hello!  :)

I know you posted it a while ago, but I am actually in the same situation at the moment. I'm going to Thailand for a 6 months internship and I have an ED visa valid for 3 months. I'd like to know if you managed to extend your visa and, if so, did you need a working permit? The thing is my company can't provide a working permit so I need to figure out a way to stay for the 3 lasts months.

Your help would be really appreciated :)

laurag wrote:

Hello!  :)

I know you posted it a while ago, but I am actually in the same situation at the moment. I'm going to Thailand for a 6 months internship and I have an ED visa valid for 3 months. I'd like to know if you managed to extend your visa and, if so, did you need a working permit? The thing is my company can't provide a working permit so I need to figure out a way to stay for the 3 lasts months.

Your help would be really appreciated :)

Hi
I know a little bit about ED visa for Thailand. Not sure how an ED visa applies to an "internship" perhaps you can clarify.
If what you are doing is classed as education(as defined by Thai Visa regs) then a 90 day extension should be available at immigration.

You can't work on an ED visa so the work permit question would not apply.

Critera relating to an ED Visa.

Perhaps you can clarify what you will be doing in Thailand so we can help some more?

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. You can get an ED visa if you are going to Thailand to study or to do an unpaid internship, which I will be doing. The thing is you can get the ED visa for 3 months, but then you need to ask for an extension at the immigration office. On several websites, they say the company has to provide a work permit, but on others they say you just need a letter from your university and the company saying you'll stay another 3 months. So I don't really know which documents I really need :/.
I've got my ED visa for the first 3 months but I don't really know what to do for the last 3 months as the embassy here told me they didn't know and I'd have to see there with the immingration.

laurag wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. You can get an ED visa if you are going to Thailand to study or to do an unpaid internship, which I will be doing. The thing is you can get the ED visa for 3 months, but then you need to ask for an extension at the immigration office. On several websites, they say the company has to provide a work permit, but on others they say you just need a letter from your university and the company saying you'll stay another 3 months. So I don't really know which documents I really need :/.
I've got my ED visa for the first 3 months but I don't really know what to do for the last 3 months as the embassy here told me they didn't know and I'd have to see there with the immingration.

Thanks for explaining about internship thats a new on for me as far as ED visa is concerned.
I can find nothing in Thai Visa regs that specifically cover it. Although a search online turns up some advice from a Thai embassy saying ED visa but no mention of extensions of stay.

Personally I would have thought a B visa and work permit were the route to go. Sorry can't help more.

Hey There.
I've got a question for you.
I signed a paid internship program with a company in Thailand( 4 months) and a chance to get work permit after that.
I went to the Consulate and they made me a non-immigrant visa B (cause the Internship is paid), but the company wants me to apply for the EDU visa (that in my case in not possible)
WHY is THAT?

They will talk with local Authorities, but i guess they are making mistakes.

Hope to hear someone in this kind of situation.

hi ! Im on the situation as you now, may I know what documents do i need for extend my visa ? i really need your help