Fitness Center Membership - where??

Hello everyone, i'm new to the forum and even newer to HCMC (been here 5 days and counting).  Our family will be here 2-3 years and have rented a villa in D2 as it is in close proximity to our children's school.  I am desperately looking to find a fitness center to join.  I belonged to California Fitness in Hong Kong for the past 2 years and considered rolling over my membership to California WOW here.  But after 1 visit, I realized that it was not for me.  I am looking for a basic gym with cardio equipment and free weights.  I don't need yoga rooms, spinning classes, or other like-kind amenities that may appeal to others needs.  Any suggestion of where I can look?  Many thanks.

Hi,

Check out StarFitness in the Manor complex, on Nguyen Huu Canh St, Binh Thanh Dist. It is the closest one to D.2. My husband used it before and gave a lot of good comments. Seems very much like what you look for.

Have fun!

Cheers, PM

Hi there,

U may check out wordhcmc.com, they help me a lot of better expat life when i first moved here on Jan2009.

Check out the list on their footage, restaurant, groceries, events, wine shops.

Good luck

Hey, just be aware at California Gym..they can be bit pricey for what it is..

If you staying in Thao Dien, you can join in the  fitness club at Thao Dien village, 195 Nguyen Van Huong.
Or you can register the fitness center in Hangfrank Condo. This is the service apartment on 204B/14 Nguyen Van Huong street, they have a fitness center on top floor with very nice river view, swimming pool, sauna... The price is around 30USD per month.

Hello,

Yes, I think Star Fitness may be the best. Saigon Pearl gym will open next week. It looks very up marked so it will depend on how much you want to spend. If you join up for off peak times you will pay less.

Enjoy your stay in Vietnam :)