Dogs allowed in rental units?

Hi, I am thinking about moving to Da Nang, Vietnam. I know I can transport my dog via airplane to Vietnam, but I am wondering if it is difficult to find a rental apartment or home that allows dogs? Any information on this is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Animals (apart from rats, mice and cockroaches)  are dependent first on the condominium rules and secondly on the owners rules.

B T W - there is a posting here over a year ago on how to fly dogs in to VietNam. One important thing is YOU WILL NEED A VET'S LETTER CERTIFYING your DOG is CURRENT ON SHOTS and is HEALTHY.

There is no quarantine here in VN.

Hi,
Welcome to Da Nang. For rental house, you must to discuss with owner about your dog before, just in case, but usually, it isn't a problem.

We have a labrador also and we are living in Da Nang nearly 2 years, we always tell owner that we have a big dog.
If you need some more information, do not hesitate to send us a private mail.

Hi,
my name is Naomi.  I am considering moving to Vietnam in November 2015.  I want to teach ESL and I need to bring my dog because there is absolutely no one that can watch him.  If I paid someone, I'd be looking at $1000 a month and at that rate I'd rather just have my best puppy friend tag along my journey.  #1.  Are there any hostels that allow dogs?  My dog is only 9 lbs, well behaved, etc.  #2.  To rent an apartment are dogs allowed?  #3.  Is there a large pet deposit?  #4.  Is it difficult to rent an apartment over there?  In the USA I have terrible credit due to student loans.  How do they check your credit or reliability to rent to you?

Thank you for your help!

And I've spoken with my vet re: paperwork, blood work, shots requirements etc for bringing him over.

#5.  Are there good vets in Vietnam, and are there places where you can board your pet dog if you wanted to leave for a few days on a trip?

#6.  Any idea how much quarantine is daily?

Unlike the USA, Landlords aren't a problem. Usually. If the lease doesn't ban animals assume they are OK - don't raise the matter with them when apartment hunting. Since tiled floors are common over here, 'accidents' are easy to recover from.

There are a couple of Foreign trained vets in Da Nang.

You need a Vet's Letter conforming Bowser is healthy. There is NO quarantine here.

There are pet carers in larger cities.

Renting an apartment requires, usually, a TWO MONTH SECURITY DEPOSIT PLUS FIRST MONTHS RENT. Always say you have to deposit to a bank account because you bring money in. (Knowing where your landlord banks makes it easier if he walks with your deposit)

Note all utilities are extra (usually).

How does a person find a one bedroom apartment with a dog in DaNang? Are utilities included or are they separate? I am looking for something that is on the first floor and something that is close to nature. My plan is to permanently retire in Vietnam.