Customs

Hy everyone,

I don't know if I'm writing on the right topic...

I will be living in Mauritius for a year and I have some questions about what can I bring with me.

Can I bring medicaments? In this case is iron supplement, I don't have any medical prescriptions.

Has the mauritician government any list of the products that can't be introduced in the country?

Thank you for your help!

Hello Maria Ad,

If what you need is a non-prescription over the counter medication sold in pharmacies or nutritional supplement store, why would you even go to the trouble of trying to bring it into the country from abroad? Wouldn't it make much more sense, even if it costs slightly more, just to purchase it locally and not run the risk of having it confiscated?

If you're looking for an iron supplement you should have absolutely no problem finding it locally, this might even cause Customs officers to become more suspicious of the composition of what is contained in the package than they would be if it were something that wasn't readilly available in the local market.

Sometimes what at first looks like it will be cheaper ends up being more expensive. If you purchase the supplement for 10 euros at home and Customs confiscates it and tosses it in the garbage then you're not only out the 10 euros you initially spent but you still end up paying local prices for the product at any rate. Personally I don't think the possible savings justify the hassle.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

you can easily get iron supplements all over Mauritius and in Port Louis I have found they are even cheaper then UK, and yes authentic reliable brand!