Mariage process

Hello sir ,

I have read few answer you posted before,and I would like to thank you for all effort you are doing with people.
My problem is, I have just received document from my country to be translated and start the process of mariage with my girlfriend she is brasilian;however I found out that Iam missing one paper to complete all documents,I asked my family to send me this document here, the problem is My 6months stay will finish end of this july 2014, and this paper to arrive here will take time as it need to be stampted with the brasilian ambassady in morocco, is there any solution that can make me stay here legal while i'am waiting for this paper ?

Looking forward for an answer.

Best Regards

Unfortunately no, you cannot extend your stay beyond 6 months and will need to leave Brazil or risk deportation.

What you can do however, and would prevent you from needing to wait 9 months to a year in order to return to Brazil is called a "Casamento por Procuração" (Proxy Marriage) which you arrange at the Cartório. You must arrange this while you are still legal in the country so act quickly. I believe that even though you don't have the document you're talking about it still can be arranged to do the Proxy Marriage once it arrives here.

Essentially what you would be doing is giving Power of Attorney to someone to stand-in for you at the marriage and sign all the necessary documents for the marriage to take place and be legal in your absence. So I would recommend that you and your future bride go off to the Cartório right away and talk to them about how to proceed.

Once married legally, with the Marriage Certificate in hand you apply to the Consulado-Geral do Brasil in Morocco for a VIPER Permanent Visa based on Brazilian spouse and wait for it to be issued. The process is much shorter outside Brazil than inside Brazil, so that is in your favor (it's about 3 to 6 months). The only disadvantage that you cannot enter Brazil until you actually have been granted the VIPER visa, not even using some other category visa.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Thanks alot for the reply

I read in one of your post, that after the 6 months I have a right of 100 days which will cost me 8,28rs each days, Do I have the right to get married in this period ?

Thanks,

It is NOT a right, it is overstaying your visa and if you are caught by police during that time you will be ordered to leave the country immediately. Tourists can only be in Brazil for a maximum of 180 days in any one year period. You could also be risking not being allowed back into Brazil if you need to apply for another VITUR Tourist Visa. While that is not likely, it is possible they would refuse entry. I think you will find the Proxy Marriage option much better and safer.

Cheers,
wjw

Tomorrow I will go to the place you told me about : "Casamento por Procuração" (Proxy Marriage) and ask for more informations, I have one last question after this 6 months I can spend like 1 or 2 months with my girlfriend and then pay the amount depend on how many days I overstayed in brasil, I wont risk any big ugly stamp or not having the right to come back to brasil or something like this...

Thanks,

As I've often said the overstay is no big deal here in Brazil (provided you don't get caught and requested to leave the country) it only generates the fine and ugly overstay stamp in your passport. If you pay the fine you'll never have any problems in Brazil.

Where you COULD have very serious problems is in the future in some other country should you need to apply for a visa. They can and do use overstays anywhere in the world as a great excuse to deny one's visa. Immigrations officers screening entry to countries where you don't require a visa can use it to DENY entry. That's always a big risk.

Imagine getting a terrific job offer in the United Arab Emirates with a salary package that would even get Bill Gates' attention.... and you couldn't get the visa because you had overstayed in Brazil. Think about it for a bit.

Overstaying one's visa is NEVER the best option!

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

May I ask which sate you plan to get married and which document you are missing now??
Depending on the flexibility of the Cartorio and state, they can help you start the process with the promise you will get them the original as soon as possible and provide them with a copy. It's definitely not guaranteed but it's definitely worth a shot. It also depends on the document in question.

I went to cartoria and Collect all the documents, and I discovered that I'am not missing any paper Because I though the paper the will prouf iam not married in my country is importante but they didnt ask me, So I deposite all the document and they give me the date of 5 august t bring wintness and few people to attend the mariage and signature, but the things my visa will finish 30 of july ? is it a big deal or once you start the process it doesnt matter ? and what next should I need to provide to police federal after getting married?

Thanks,

If the Cartório has accepted all your paperwork and has given you a date for the wedding, they will probably not ask to see your visa on the day of the marriage (they almost never do). Once you are married you are legal and visa or not the Federal Police must accept your application for a VIPER Permanent Visa based on marriage.

They may ask you to pay the small overstay fine when you apply for the visa, but even that is a very little headache.