Help with info

i am planning to retire to either the philippines or vietnam.  any help or info i can get would be appreciated.  i'm a vietnam vet  and am finally gonna get to come back  to a place i really loved.  money is gonna be tight but i just want the simple life.  don't want to live in the city proper. any information on cost of living,  visas rentals  etc.  will be greatly appreciated.                   thank you everyone for any help you may be able to give me.       thanks again,  bill steffen    email:  [email protected]

Bill, living in Vetnam can be much cheaper than elsewhere in Asia. Many retired vets head up coast to Muine or south of HCMC to Vung Tau beach areas.
More difficult to get more than 3mth visa now, 12mth, 3yr, 5yr if you are married to VN women. If you have a business here and are a director you automatically get 3yr residential visa. Thats why so many by into cheap bars!
Good quality large hotel room with ensuite, typical in HCMC District 1 ranges from $250 USD to $500 USD per month plus power, water, tv, internet.
Typical tourist hotel is $16 - $24 USD per night, business class hotel in city $35 - $55 USD per night.
Food, beer, entertainment cheap and plenty to do.
Good expat community active around city bars & restaurants.
Even cheaper to live up country but many find it just too boring!
Take a look at my website  [Moderated: No free advert]
regards,
Malcolm Green
(PS: will send you my latest newsletter)