Need advice - How to book a flight from Shanghai to England?

Hi every one, I need some advice. I currently live and work near Ningbo, but due to ill health, I need to return to the UK. I have a hip problem, in lots of pain. It only came on about two months ago, and been on pain killers day and night since, plus on amoxillin, bought here in China. My work has medical insurance, but alas its pretty much useless no faith in my employer either.. I need to return to the UK. Have no faith in the Chinese medical system also, let alone medical care. I do not earn enough for the 800RMB a day for care. So, having only cash, and no Chinese bank account, no credit card, how do I book a flight from Shanghai to London? Is there a booking agent in the airport? Pudong. Of course I can travel, and pay cash for a flight. Once back in the UK can get proper medical care, Thanks in advance.

The company you are working for should have general department or HR. You can ask them for help. This is the easiest way.

Option A - walk into the neares travel agent and ask them to book the flight and pay them cash.

Option B - ask a friend/colleague to book on-line using their card and give them the cash.

No credit card = also no UK Credit Card? You can pay on-line with a UK card.

book in ctrip, they can deliver the ticket to you door to door and then hand them the cash.

thanks for the advice, shall look into it.

albenizkey Yesterday 06:15:24

book in ctrip, they can deliver the ticket to you door to door and then hand them the cash.

Ctrip_____How do I pay for my flight?
For international flight reservations, you may pay by credit card using our online system. For domestic flights, you can pay via credit card or PayPal.

However, PayPal payment is only available when booking a domestic flight departing more than 24 hours after the time of booking. We do not currently accept payment via debit card or cash

Where did you get that information?

I'd go to the travel agents, you can pay in cash and will get your ticket there and then so don't have to worry about it

Ta rex, i have sorted a flight. its not until the 13th aug, and booked a hotel in shanghai for afew days too. all setup by a family member who sorted it for me. Thanks for the offer.

I would try to use the British Embassy for support they should be able to help you out its why we have them. Have you contacted them?
https://www.gov.uk/government/world/org … l-shanghai

Thanks James for the advice, no I have not chap, always thought if I was ever in deep do do, then sure I`d be in contact with them. for instance lost passports and such like. But all that is in order. As it was on medical grounds, it would of been my last thought, exhausting other avenues first.

Just going to take it easy now until August, and wait it out. Once again thanks for the link.