Flooding

Hi, I will be traveling to Paraguay in a few weeks and wondered if someone who is in Asuncion (or has seen it recently) can give me some info about the flooding. I will be in the area around Loma San Jerónimo and wanted to take a boat to Chaco-I.

Is this still possible?

How is the rest of the country around San Bernardino and Villarrica?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Various  "tent cities", or their Paraguayan equivalents, have popped up in public squares around ASU to hold the folks displaced from the river front.   Not sure how individual area's are affected as we just go there occasionally.  But there has been some  media coverage of crime spikes (property crime)  and some unhappy neighborhoods due to their "new" temporary residents.   As "low water" sure isn't a problem I would assume boats heading where yo want to go should still be heading there..

In Sanber, where we live, no real effect due to any of this except secondary roads have been pretty muddy due to the couple bouts of rain we've had.   Basically the only area's having problems now are those that are along the rivers, otherwise it's just a bit wetter winter than normal. 

Happy travels!

Thanks very much!