Bought a beach lot in Sabancuy

Hello,

My name is Alexia. I am looking to have feedback from peoples who already bought a beach lot in Sabancuy or are going to buy one soon. I beleive more people we are connected better we can help each other. Please send me your email adress and I will reply. I have lot's of informations to share !!!

Thanks ALEXIA

Hello  ALEXIA,

A new topic has been created with your post on the Mexico City forum. Maybe you could give some information that you have about this subject on the forum?

Thank you,
All the best,
Christine

I bought a 4 beach lots in Sabancuy last year. When did you purchase yours and in which section?

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share email address on the forum.

Curiosity has gotten to me. Those who have bought property in the Sabancuy area; did you actually visit the area and kicked the tires, so to speak?  You visited the area and bought property as an investment or to build and live there?

I bought the lots to build 2 houses soon and 2 additional ones over the next year or so. One of them I will use and rent and the other will be for rental. When I build the other 2 they will be weekly/biweekly rentals.

I did visit the property and spent a few days in the area. It looked as the property owner described.

Alexia, I forgot to include my e-mail address. [email protected]. - Jo Lee

How much are the lots in Sabancuy if you don't mind me asking.  Is there a real estate you would recommend on that cost of Mexico??  It seems like anything on the east coast is getting out of reach for us....Would like to explore another area to buy a lot and build.  Thanks

What do you Really know about the real estate company you are working with.

Remember this; You believed Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny were someone they actually were not. But they  were so believable. :(

You are dealing with a lot more money and reality here.

Buyer?
beware

Hi all

Thinking of buying lot(s) in Sabancuy and would be grateful for any experiences, knowledge and information that you could share.

Are there any helpful websites that I could look at for further research?

Are the lots really front beach how far from the highway are they?

I have seen numerous adds with lots, all advertising long lots with front beach and views of the lagoon. Has someone visited the lots and have further information about it, in particular of the lagoon, what does it look like, is it smelly, clean, dirty, accessible?

Apologies for the many questions but Mexican websites and sources of information have not been very helpful so far. 

Thanks

Alexia, maybe you would just post your information on this forum as suggested as it is not common to share personal email addresses and some of us would like to communicate with you on this subject. I own a Sabancuy lot and could use some information!

I would hold off on your purchase. you will hear promises of permits but the leadership on these lots is poor.  They are very smooth operators.
1. They will ask you to buy Valor Catastral. you will be told you will save taxes. the problem is when you sell your capital gain will kill your profits.
2. They will ask you to build before they bring electric and water to the lots. Really? would you do that?
3. They have no home owners control association. you will here its coming but I've waited for a year.
you've been warned.
if you want to buy that bad, i'll sell you one of my 20 for far less then they are selling them to you.

hold off until you have written approval from the government that you can build on the lot.
create a new gmail account and you can post that one to communicate on.
beware

We have purchase 2 lots 3 years ago. All legal and register. We visited the cityhall and all is ok. We just bought in Puerto-Rico and considering selling our lots in mexico for obvious reasons. We are Canadian and have had first pick. These lots are the best placed in the group.
If interested in purchasing in Sabancuy, do not hesitate to write to us.
Regards

What are the obvious reasons for getting a lot in Puerto Rico and selling your lots in Mexico?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/09/us/ec … .html?_r=0

"But his expenses mounted, including $600 a month in power bills, more than double what consumers pay on the mainland. The sky-high cost is a consequence of Puerto Rico's inefficient government-run monopoly on electricity and its 67 percent dependency on petroleum for electric power. Other utilities are exorbitant, too. Last year, water rates rose 60 percent in a bid to help cut the state-run water company's debt."

My electric bill on a 5 bedroom  4 1/2 bath large home is about $20.00 US per month and water is about $8.00 US per month and I don´t have to worry about 60% unemployment and over the top high crime. Our property taxes are $230.00 US per year and a 20% discount  if paid in January = $184.00 US.

Also  immigration laws in Mexico probably are much easier to navigate for Expats than immigration laws in Puerto Rico [a US territory]  for Canadians.

Duplicate - deleted

beware wrote:

I would hold off on your purchase. you will hear promises of permits but the leadership on these lots is poor.  They are very smooth operators.
1. They will ask you to buy Valor Catastral. you will be told you will save taxes. the problem is when you sell your capital gain will kill your profits.
2. They will ask you to build before they bring electric and water to the lots. Really? would you do that?
3. They have no home owners control association. you will here its coming but I've waited for a year.
you've been warned.
if you want to buy that bad, i'll sell you one of my 20 for far less then they are selling them to you.

If the houses already built on these lots, as shown in a quick internet search, are already inhabited and were built by savy architects who, at least here where we built, takes care of all the permits, follows any restrictions, gets electriciy connected etc.and gets the job done then why would it be any different there? I personally found Campeche to be a bit of a poor place but it is a medium sized city and is close and has everything one might want. Is that area a safe area?

I will open a Facebook account about the lot's in Sabancuy in February or March 2015 once I hire a lawyer and make all the proper moves ... I own 2 beach lot's since 2011 and still can not do anything with it. You can write me private messages if you want to learn more about my experience and my lot's.

Hi,
My name is George. If you are selling your lot in Sabancuy, please send me more info. I am interested in property with services- hydro.
Thank you, George

[email protected]

You must be kidding? of the five or six homes built on the north end, they run of electric generators and the hours are limited. My last check about six months ago, over half were vacant and others are for sale. I have personally walked through these homes. Somebody show me homes with legal permits, power generated by the electric company and fresh water through pipelines not trucked in. I will eat all the crow you can dish out to me.
I think the land will all be approved some year. When that happens you will be restricted of what you can build. If you want to buy lots I have plenty for sale. show me another lot quote and we can work to get you my lots. I must move on to other investments.
I've been called a scammer. I want nothing from you. I only state facts. DO YOU HAVE PERMITS or are you being told "Soon".

Reason : Publicity on forum not allowed.please drop any related adverts in Housing section above.

I m  interested in beach plots in Latina America,  any advice?   Giovanni Fabio

Reason : Please do not share personal contact infos on the public forum.
GiovanniRussia wrote:

I m  interested in beach plots in Latina America,  any advice?   Giovanni Fabio

Hello :)

Please drop an advert in our Housing in Mexico City section so as to reach out to those subscribed to that section

Regards
Kenjee

Hello
Use caution as in any country.
Tell me what company are you talking to.
What city and state.
I'll be happy to share my experience.
In general:
Know the laws,
Do not use the professionals referred by the company you are buying from.
Know that many realtors in Mexico don't care about you.
So far the meaning of the words "don't worry, good news and soon" have taken over three years with no development permits on my land.
I'll share more if you want to know.
Beware

My best friend bought a few months ago with a very well-known company in the area, yes same company #beware is blackmailing here.

I went with her to help her understand and supervise all the legal work and environmental study. And also to inquire about building permits. I am Mexican and a Biologist so I guess that helps.

Yes, she was told that the permits were going to be given soon. So far, they haven´t been granted.

I know the area and I have seen the environmental studies submitted to the government from the company my friend bought from as means of pre-approval for building from the company that my friend bought from a few months ago.

The problem I guess is that this company owes the largest area with the largest lots available in that region. Therefore,
it is more complicated to get permits for such a large area. I as a Biologist, I think it´s awesome what this company is doing because in the environmental study, it states that the total building area and it´s only about 5 % of the total area the company owes. This, translates in contributing to the preservation and conservation of the mangrove area and the estuary, which I think is awesome!

Nonetheless, my friend could still use an 80% of buildable footprint (beach-front area #1: In between the actual beach and the highway). The buildable area # 2: In between the highway and the mangrove-lagoon area and goes around 6562 ft. From which, she can use another 1/4 where there is no mangrove.

Even though #beware is trying to convince everyone in this forum that his competition company is not doing things right or whatever, I offer a piece of advice and good news: You can get your own building permits! even if the company doesn´t have the permits for the whole area just yet.  It will be money that you will have to spend on your own but it wouldn´t be much more different than if you both a lot elsewhere and were waiting for your own lot permits to be able to build.

:-)

i'm so glad to hear from a biologist. How about if you write me personally and let me know who you are. The facts are this:
The well known company has been promising for over 6 years that permits are coming soon,. I invested over one million dollars three years ago and they have been saying "Soon".
They have made several promises and not kept one promise. not one.
As recent as last week they said they had the MIA approved yet they will not show it to me. they continue to make excuses.
There is also a list of building limitations they never told anyone about.
Everyone should know about the erosion issue.  I have photos that can prove that one year ago concrete pylons were planted for cable lines and the pylons are now lying in the water.  According to one of the owners of the "Well Known Company", Semarnat will not listen to sea walls being installed. if they don't install seawalls the land will erode and the turtles will end up on MX 180 and get slaughtered. Hows that for ecology.
I have also been told face to face by one of their Architects that no automobiles will be permitted on the properties. The salesman says that is not true.  I asked for proof.  "never delivered"
They say they are working with an engineer to bring electric but they will not give me his contact information,.
I have much more to say if any of the buyers want to contact me personally.
I would like you to contact me at [email protected]. maybe you can clear up the incompetence of "the well known Company". Even the real owner stays in hiding. I asked to meet him several times. Nope.
I have spent months in Mexico trying to work through the issues. if you have real answers signed by the authorities let me see them. No more promises please.
If anyone wants a list of land owners they have made unfulfilled promises I will check with those land owners and share.  However many of them feel they are being cheated and don't want the "Well Known" company to cheat them more.
I suggest you look up the word blackmail.  I'm not blackmailing them. if anything, I am destroying any growth value of my own land but I care more about innocent people than what these guys did to me and some people who had hopes of building quickly for their retirement.

Cheers as AG would say.

my name is John and the "well known company" knows me well.

One more thing I like to add Coach Sue is, you say "the problem I guess is that this company owes the largest area with the largest lots available in that region. Therefore, it is more complicated to get permits for such a large area."

The size of them should have nothing to do with it, as I have been told over and over by the "company", it is trying to just get ONE building permit on ONE lot. Then they will submit other impact studies for the other lots on behave of other land owners. They haven't been able to get ONE permit in the 3 years I have been waiting.

We all want good things to come out of this, but years and years of empty promises does not give anyone a good feeling about this "company" and that anyone will be building in the near future.

Hi everybody,

I really think that everything has been said here.
It is best that we close this topic now ( this thread has been created in 2014  and the initiator didn't showed up ).

Thanks,

Priscilla

[ Topic closed ]

Closed