Job Offer with a salary in two different currency!

Hi All!

As a new member, thought of writing something new. It's not a good way to start but since this is the start so why not say and share it with you.

I was offered a job from a Qatar based company. The job is to be stationed in Bahrain.  An employer sent me a job offer and a contract. I noticed the letterhead used in the job offer is from Qatar based company while the contract draft is from my sponsor company in Bahrain. I was offered like BD 550 plus accommodation, and the transport does not included because they say the office is a walking distance to the accommodation. I refuse to take BD 550 because it is lesser than what I expect. I tried to negotiate them and they are also responding. So, i got an offer which came from two different currency in BD and in QR which is stated in the offer letter. BD 550 and QR 2500! The role of my sponsor company in Bahrain is for me to obtain an entry visa.

I signed the draft contract last June 22, 2014. My direct contact who is remotely communicating with me is my future immediate superior based in Qatar. He said that my visa to Bahrain was already applied by the sponsor company  last week. I was not sure about the information if they really applied for it because when I sent an email lately to evisa[at]gdnpr.gov.bh asking if there's any application using my passport number and my nationality; and this is the reply of the helpdesk:

Dear Sir / Madam,
This is the electronic visit visa help desk; we couldnt find any application for the passport number you sent, so please contact your sponsor or the LMRA [link under review]  if it is family/ work visa.
We hope we have answered your question, but if you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.
Regards,
Evisa Help Desk
Tel:   +973 17530902
Fax:  +973 17534490
email: evisa[at]gdnpr.gov.bh

My question is, do you have any cases like this before? I just want to read comments and opinions about it. Actually my job is all about management and monitoring system in 8 members state concerning environmental issues.

Happy to hear your points of view. Appreciate if you can refer me a thread like this before.

Dreaming Eagle

What makes you think they didn't apply for a visa?

Brightonguy

I think it's written on the website regarding Bahrain visas and so with the requirements i.e. copy of passport, copy of contract, offer letter, credentials, medical certificate obtain from accredited clinic. They only ask my passport copy, contract and offer letter. Do you think these documents suffice without the medical certificate in order to obtain a work visa from a sponsoring company? I'm not sure.

great you hit a question, i would love to hear more. thanks

Technically you need all of those documents, however some companies manage to get away without having the health certificate as you will have your health check done here as well.

that means they can really do ways and means to get it done without health certificate, alright fingers crossed! thanks brightonguy :-)

You will have to have a health check within one year of your arrival, at least that was the case for me. And yes it does mean that companies have their ways to obtain the permits needed without the health certificate. :)

thanks capriole...

fingers crossed! still waiting for my visa if it is approve or not, otherwise i have to look elsewhere. i was in Doha before sponsored by my brother he got me through a visit visa, took a week and got a job. The company took charge to transfer visit visa into a work visa. Now this is my first time to apply through a direct hiring company and a little bit anxious on how many days/weeks/months that a  work visa is done.

anyway, i'll let u guys know whats the update of my case. God bless :-)

Hi guys and gals!

I just have to share an update about my visa. After couple months of waiting, now my entry visa has been issued. Just imagine it was applied last June 22, 2014 and just yesterday it was issued.

Thanks all, guess I'll have to figure out first what's next holding this entry visa before my final travel to Bahrain.

Best regards,

Dear Dreaming Eagle,

Great news! hope everything goes well henceforth!

good luck!

T&R
Arjun

Dreaming Eagle wrote:

Hi guys and gals!

I just have to share an update about my visa. After couple months of waiting, now my entry visa has been issued. Just imagine it was applied last June 22, 2014 and just yesterday it was issued.

Thanks all, guess I'll have to figure out first what's next holding this entry visa before my final travel to Bahrain.

Best regards,

Hope to see you soon in Bahrain :)

Wish you all the best  :top:

Thanks for the update.
The turnaround time is outrageously long now. Used to be a quick process, usually taking a few days.

Better late than never I suppose.

Hello guyz,

After the approval of my visa, until now I am stuck with this rules and regulation problem in my country requirements for departure. One of the tedious process is the OEC-Overseas Employment Certificate from the POEA office in our country. I am a direct hire, my visa is ready, employment contract, medical certificate all done. What is left for me to have is the OEC.

POEA Exit Clearance come in the form of an E-Receipt (OEC) certifying to the regularity of a workers recruitment and documentation and ensures exemption from travel tax and airport terminal fee. It is presented at the POEA labor assistance center and the Bureau of Immigration (BI) counter at the airports, prior to departure. This (OEC) serves as the worker's guarantee that he/she is covered by government protection and benefits.

POEA office had given me requirements for a direct hire that includes employment contract signed by employer and worker for authentication at the worksite/Bahrain. Now, the case with the Philippine Embassy stationed in Bahrain, they have the sole authority to deny or accept the processing of my travel documents. The embassy advise my employer in Bahrain to get an agency for my travel documents.  When I get back to POEA -Philippine Overseas Employment Administration, they said they respect the reason of the Philippine embassy requiring to tap an agency for my travel documents in order to be given an OEC-Overseas Employment Certificate. POEA can only proceed to process my OEC when there's an agency that represents I underwent through a legal process obtaining my certificate to work abroad.

My employer is not ready to go through those offices/ agencies and pay over 1000 US$ for just submitting the documents for stamping. This is because their rules & regulations not allowing them by all means. As a diplomatic organization in Bahrain they have their standards and straight forward formalities and they cannot work under any other State's rules and Regulations.

Anybody's helping hand out there to share your opinion on this matter? Only one step closer and I reach Bahrain. OEC is required at the Philippine airport before departure. Does anyone knows if I can start my point of origin at the other asian countries like Singapore, Thailand, and Hongkong? Is it possible to fly from there without any OEC?

God speed...