Improv comedy group

Hello, all--
I just moved to KL and I'll be living in the Mont Kiara area. I am a teacher at the Mont Kiara International School.

I have trained at Secong City Chicago and ComedySportz Chicago, and I was curious to see if there any people interested in starting up a short or long form improv troupe with me. It would be informal to start and everyone is welcome. Those with no experience but a passion for learning improv theater skills are more than welcome to join in. If you've seen "Whose Line is it Anyway?" You've seen short form improv comedy.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll be in touch. Cheers.

Brad

Hey Brad,

I've always been interested in improv but it seems like there's not really a big scene/community for that in KL. Would love to join in.

Hey Brad, sounds cool. I've done a couple of standup events, super fascinated with the improv troupe idea.  Would be great to meet and chat. How can we connect?

Best
Puven

In case your endeavor here is unsuccessful you may want to check with Mud Malaysia theater in KL. They organize acting classes.. And all sort of things related to it.

Hey Brad that sounds like an awesome idea. I've always wanted to step into the world of comedy. I'd definitely be up for doing something like this.

Hi Brad,

I would love to join. I'm a uni student here.

Hi! Brad,

I hope your post is still valid. Yes, I am interested to join. How can we connect? I live in Petaling Jaya area.

Ken

Dear Brad,
It sound interesting me. I want to join with you. I love it aswell, so please contact me via xxx(my phone number and my whatsapp aswell) or you can contact me via mail: xxx
, im Harry Dang / living in Kuala Lumpur (Raja Chulan - Bukit Bintang) I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi !

I'm very much interested to join if this is still ongoing, let me know how to connect with the rest as well!

Thanks,
Krystal

the previous offer is 3 years old and there is very little comedy or impro in KL.

crackhouse comedy club has shows weds-sat including an open mic.  They started a festival but the scene here is virtually non existent for such a big city, until they got things in motion https://www.crackhousecomedy.asia/

it seems there are no improv jams, and only a couple places that do classes

i have lead improvisionational theater games & could facilitate if there was interest and we could find a free or low cost venue

if anyone hears otherwise, please post.  thanks

Super interested if anyone's doing anything anywhere in the KL, Selangor area