FORD EDGE, is it a good choice???

Hi...Need your feedback & advice...We are eyeing on FORD EDGE...Is this a good choice???My hubby is working in Kobar and we are staying in Bahrain...everyday he is travelling 5days a week...we are really having hard time which car/brand to buy...Thanks in advance

Its more better if u go for dodge durango ... Edge is not a SUV ...  Its a crossover vehicle .. where as durango is a suv with a reasonable price ... Or else u can also go for mazda cx 9

Toyota landcruser is more reliable for traveling and handling :) especially if your out in the heat, it's heavy duty type of car. Something to keep in mind always have traveling supplies and air pump device, flash light, etc water and goods on your way in & out of the country of course. Have a safe trip always, cheers!

firaz500 wrote:

Its more better if u go for dodge durango ... Edge is not a SUV ...  Its a crossover vehicle .. where as durango is a suv with a reasonable price ... Or else u can also go for mazda cx 9

We saw d Mazda cx9 (7seater) full option and it's really good...But when we read some reviews they said it's not safe to travel bahrain to Khobar and back everyday...
Dodge Durango we didnt visit yet...I think this is costly...Out budget is only BD12K

We visited Toyota showroom...but Toyota land cruiser is out of our budget...Our budget is only BD12K...

I don't know what special vehicle do you need to commute between Bahrain and Khubar. I do that everyday on a Nissan. Anyway, Ford Edge does not score well when it comes to reliablity. I would have a Mazda CX9 anyday. I have driven and been driven in it and it has kept atleast two of my colleagues safe in car wrecks. I would definitely recommend you CX 9. Or if you want something cheap and nice. Go for a Trailblazer.

live.ali wrote:

I don't know what special vehicle do you need to commute between Bahrain and Khubar. I do that everyday on a Nissan. Anyway, Ford Edge does not score well when it comes to reliablity. I would have a Mazda CX9 anyday. I have driven and been driven in it and it has kept atleast two of my colleagues safe in car wrecks. I would definitely recommend you CX 9. Or if you want something cheap and nice. Go for a Trailblazer.

Hi...nice 2 know on this blog someone's travelling as my hubby going to & from Bahrain Khobar...& thank u for your info & suggestion...

I'm looking for a SUV that makes my hubby safe within our budget (BD12K)...it doesn't matter to us if it's 5 or 7 seater since he's only travelling alone

My hubby have a car accident two weeks ago in Saudi with a Saudi driver with his GMC...My hubby is driving a corolla...Thanks god he's unharmed but our corolla have a big dent...the Saudis settle w/ my hubby since it's his fault and he know it...

We visited the Chevrolet showroom & saw the trailblazer but didn't have the chance to test drive it...your correct it's cheap BD10K on road...

We even went to Nissan showroom...but the sales person approached us is no good...he let us test drive the exterra...but when my hubby said engine is not smooth he get upset...so we went out without seeing the other vehicle...what Nissan you are driving?

Ramadan, is probably a good time to buy a brand new car since there are many offers. Nissan Pathfinder is a good reliable option and has good safety ratings on euroncap and has good resale value. If your only concern is safety standards. Volvo XC90 is a good option. In general European cars will have better safety ratings than anyone else.

you may consider also hyundai cars they developed a good cars also related to your style and budget for example Hyundai Santa and Hyundai Tucson.

Hey ...  U must visit dodge once .. its not expensive ... Seriously ...  If u can affort edge then u can affort durango .. its a very nyc car ..

HussainSK wrote:

I recommend you a Ford Taurus SEL 2014, the car is amazing! Speed, looks, power, handling, options and Of course it costs only 106k SAR for half options

Thx for the info...I will pass this on to my hubby.

Hi,

I visited the Nissan showroom in Sitra, Bahrain. They have some nice offers. PM me your email and i can forward the brochures they sent me to you.

br,