Housing/Remote Location/ Expat Allowance

Hi I have been in Saudi 5 weeks now, I spent 3 weeks in Damman getting Medical Iquama ID etc, I am Employed by AL- Falak, but working at Petro Rabigh on behalf of Saudi Aramco.
When I attended Interview in UK, and agreed terms, It stated, Expat Allowance, Remote location Allowance, Housing too. I was told 60kg Luggage but then at Manchester  airport Qatar airways said only 30kg so I had to pay 107 pounds excess weight.!!!!
I was given a advance payment on arrival in Damman,4000 SAR  and received no help at all finding accommodation, Then put on a flight to Jeddah, and had to pay excess weight again too !!
Can any one help ??  I have already E-mailed my copy what I signed in uk, but i have NOT received any response, In the information they have given me here in Saudi, there is no mention of Expat Allowance, Remote Location Allowance, I was also under the impression that Accommodation would be provided on Campus at Rabigh, but at the moment i am staying in a Flat in Rabigh, (Which is not exactly a nice place ) Nothing  HERE !!!!!

From the Saudi that I know, this is nothing new and your emails will just fall blind eyes. If you want to get anything done here. Call. Call until it annoys and a few and things get done. Seriously !

Yes I found that out!!! everything takes time here and thanks for the advise

John,

I understand what you are going through. Probably this is the first time you have stepped outside England for employment.

This is not very untypical of a Saudi-techno organisation, things appear very messy and un organised in the beginning since you have not yet been assigned your responsibilities and you are in the process of settling in.

You must keep your cool and be  patient. You will be surprised how things will begin to fall into their places with in a few weeks like a jig saw puzzle. Once you are settled, you  could take all the issues to your HR, and you will be surprised that most of the issues will be taken care of, or once you get your first tax free pay cheque along with the allowances, you will be laughing at your self that you worried about peanuts un necessarily!

Hi John, I will be arriving in Saudi on the10th August, also with Al-falak (Saudi Aramco) and eventually will be located in Rabigh, hoping that things have been sorted out for yourself and hope my experience will be less traumatic.
Tell me, what is Rabigh like, housing, shops etc.
Will make contact with you when I get there.

Hi
I have recently been offered a contract through Hak to work onsite at PetroRabigh.
I am hoping to bring my wife and daughter and was wondering if you guys were with family or flying solo?
If with family how are they finding it?
I am slightly concerned that Rabigh is not a place to take a family. That said KAEC looks very nice
Any info you could provide re housing (cost, best places to live etc) would be greatly appreciated
thanks
Jez

Jezfix, I have a similar situation.  Did you get everything settled for you and your family?