British TV (news etc) in Malta?

Can you advise of what TV channels are available in Malta and to whether we can receive any British TV? I have seen this too but not sure about it either?

britishtv24.com/

We have been offered to sign up to a TV package with melita.com but if everything is in Maltese we are not sure if it is worth it? 
Thank you.
Roy

Malta TV is kak.
Use an IPTV box or FilmOn.com (free in SD, HD available + recording) to watch UK TV via internet.
Many available and include Sky TV , Eurosport etc.
Others will advise; speak with Tearnet, Scubaboy and toonarmy9752 who have more experience. There are also articles on this subject elsewhere on this site.

Funny the things we miss eh?!

I lived in Eastern Europe for a number of years, and although I couldn't give a fig about British TV while living in the UK, after some time living abroad, I found myself downloading shows I'd never watched before...'proper' English shows, like The Vicar of Dibley, Midsummer Murders etc.....just to get a 'fix' of those rolling green hills!

Maltese TV is a cross between The Fast Show and Acorn Antiques

Hahahahaha, that's just hilarious!! I never watched any Maltese TV while holidaying there, now I wish I had!  :-D

THERE ARE BETTER OPTIONS AS YOU WILL SURELY BE BORED VERY QUICKLY WITH THE LOCAL OFFERINGS FROM MELITA AND GO AND STUCK WITH A LONG CONTRACT

TRY ONE OF THE ANDROID BOXES  (MX2, MINIX5 6 7 OR THE M8 - OR THE ATV2) THE XBMC PLATFORM FOR VIDEO AND MUSIC THE ULTIMATE CATCH UP FOR TV SERIES AND MOVIES.... AND LIVE TV TOO FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD AND MOST ARE IN HD AND SD - LIVE TV TENDS TO BE A LITTLE HIT N MISS BUT IF ITS ARCHIVE STUFF THEN YOU WILL WONDER WHY YOU DIDNT TRY THIS BEFORE  - AND ITS FREE (EVER SO ILLEGAL BUT WHAT ISNT HERE - APART FROM BUYING THE EQUIPMENT AND TAKING A INTERNET SERVICE - MELITA IS BETTER.- THERE US ALSO AN IPTV SERVICE SOLUTION TOO WITH FULL UK SKY AND MOVIES ON DEMAND AVAILABLE TOO.... SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE BUT VERY VERY GOOD

Hello toonarmy9752

Could you please avoid writing in Caps Lock? because on the forum it is considered as shouting.

Thank you

Regards

Kenjee

Android box is the way to go for UK TV, either if you go for the free service or the premium service.

kenjee wrote:

Hello toonarmy9752

Could you please avoid writing in Caps Lock? because on the forum it is considered as shouting.

Thank you

Regards

Kenjee

He is shouting! he's a Newcastle supporter.     :whistle:

Keep it simple, if you have a laptop use Filmon  via your TV.

Terry

we have nothing to shout about Terry lol  much like england scotland wales and ireland...lol

the android box is the future for sure - it offers much more than filmon ever can.
movies sport tv series live tv from all over the world - brand new stuff almost as soon as its released  - sometimes befroe too all in HD and SD DVD qualities and for free.

and it is simple.

SHOUTING -  what a load of old tosh..... i whispered that last bit.......

Maltese TV sucks big time. I am signed up with Melita but am not convinced...so I just installed xbmc on my compi and yay..UK TV again. :-) I missed Alan Carr :-)

xbmc on android or computer beats the local offerings hands down

toonarmy9752 wrote:

we have nothing to shout about Terry lol  much like england scotland wales and ireland...lol

the android box is the future for sure - it offers much more than filmon ever can.
movies sport tv series live tv from all over the world - brand new stuff almost as soon as its released  - sometimes befroe too all in HD and SD DVD qualities and for free.

and it is simple.

Hi Toonyarmy9752:)
We are just looking at this on Google and firstly is say it is about £65 and for the UK but not sure how it all connects to either to the mobile or better to the TV etc?

We are really looking for News (BBC/Sky/ITV etc and of course other English speaking channels but not sure it this is extra cost or not or can connect to the TV and get everything we want in Malta as well?

Ok...by now you know I am stupid but I could have told anyone that if they asked LOL:)

Further advice is very welcome:)

Roy

you can achieve all you want with your laptop or an ipad or even a android phone with connections to a tv

or the easier and with a remote control you canget a andorid box fully loaded with the addons to watch all that you require and hundreds more  - live tv - movies  - tv series - thousands of them - all in english -  it has a hold in Malta now - for sure. and it works and there is no subscription - but you do have to learn to drive them just like you did a tv dvd video player LOL  - but there are self help groups for these things on facebook and various forums. dnt be daunted by it  - its really not difficlut at all - it wil change the way you view tv - the otehr alternative is to get a viewplus box  - a true plug in - point - click - view box for all of sky and uktv too. plus movies on demand included   - it is subscription though  but niot too bad at 20 a month  - or you could try the spanish airbox.... works here too

Thank you very much....Getting it as we speak:)
We will be there on 02 Aug so want it all sorted before we arrive in Mosta
Cheers.
Roy

if you get stuck there us superb self help group on facebook called iptv spain run by kenton smith -

Hello where is the best place to get the android box everyone is talking about please?

Are we on the right track if we buy from here...?

http://www.homeledmalta.com/android-tv-box

Cheers,

Roy

"filmon" Definitely the way ahead! I just bought a thunderbolt cable for my iMac, which plugs straight into the TV. Job done!

For British/USA/Other news...Which is the best?

yes roy - theyre the sort of thing

It's all on filmon US too  no need to do any downloading it's just right there on google. Just save to home screen

...and how do you get Filmon on Malta? (p.s. I only have one brain cell).

Type in on your computer/tablet filmon.com

www.filmon.com

there is also a google play app called coolmates and is a clone of filmon.......

This will do us.
Thank you everyone.
Cheers
Roy