Looking for a Flat in HCMC For 6 Months

Hey its sam here, i am looking for a new flat(Resident apartment), not looking for a studio apartment, from august 2nd week, to stay with my family. at present i can make contract up to 6 months , later i can extend the contract, any how min 6 months.

Please feel free to contact me on +84-902926099.

You can post a free ad in the "Housing" section.
https://www.expat.com/en/housing/asia/v … -rent.html
May be some realtors catch you from here too!

I always think apartment advertisings which are posted in this site are very expensive.

Yeah, that's right but the reason behind that price hike is expats  :)
Never bargain; what they ask just give happily.
Who don't like green bills?

Dejavu.dot wrote:

I always think apartment advertisings which are posted in this site are very expensive.

It is not about the price is high or not. It is about if the apartments deserve with what people pay. Besides i am sensitive with discrimination. A scooter usually pays more for parking than a normal bike while it also takes the same space,... It is not about 1000 or 2000.

I think they consider CC of the motorbike.
In my apartment they take 115.000 for my Yamaha(115CC) and 135.000 for Shark (125CC).

What is the relation between cc and parking space? I cant agree with you. They consider your yamaha is a gear bike while shark is a scooter.

I think living in apartment is headache with the fee. I saw some ads here. 1000$ /month. With that price people can rent a villa in district 9. 1 big house and 5 big rooms.

No dear, both are scooter category(it's Nouvo) with auto gear. Also they consider the size.

Dejavu.dot wrote:

What is the relation between cc and parking space? I cant agree with you. They consider your yamaha is a gear bike while shark is a scooter.

Yeah, living in apartment is, headache sometime. But all apartments are not same  :)  They are differ in management fee, parking fee,etc. Yeah, those ads are mostly from realtors. They are now like a mafia - offer a higher amount as rent and 2-3 months deposit. Of course landlords will become greedy for that offer and pay 1-3 months rent as brokerage! When you rent a house/apartment with $1000 brokers/realtors get $1000-$3000 as their brokerage!
If you don't bargain the rent, then they get more chance. On seeing this when you pay what they asked, neighbor landlords began to increase the rent...
There has some good things also when you live in an apartment. Like safety, less pollution (sound/smoke/air)..
If we search carefully, we can find out low cost apartments. People are busy always.
Oh we are going to off topic  :)

I think living in apartment is headache with the fee. I saw some ads here. 1000$ /month. With that price people can rent a villa in district 9. 1 big house and 5 big rooms.

Yes i have checked about renting. The fees are different. The most cheapest fee i have checked is luong dinh cua building. 40000/bike. Total feel is about 350 000d which is applied for all apartments there no matter how many m2 it is.

Let's off the topic. We are too talkative to occupy his topic. Sorry Sam9895!Hope you will find a suitable apartment soon.

Dejavu.dot wrote:

You pay for convenience. It's quite irrelevant to compare a 2BR apartment at prime location with 5BR villa in the middle of nowhere. For $700+ you can choose from lots of decent 2BR apartments in D4, right by the border to D1. Instead of choosing an ad posted here on a specific place (again, paying premium for convenience), you can contact a realtor that will find a few options to show you within your budget.

Hi Pink Strawberry

Thats sounds good and within budget

How would I contact a Realtor and who are they? :)

Thanks

Phil

Agreed but how we measure 'convenience'? :)
Some people think living near Ben Thanh is convenient. Others think live far from Ben Thanh is convenient  :)
So paying money is not important but rent a convenient room/house/apartment is important.
You can rent a 2 BR apartment from $500 within 3 kilometer from Ben Thanh  if you try  :)

PinkStrawberry wrote:

You pay for convenience.  For $700+ you can choose from lots of decent 2BR apartments in D4, right by the border to D1.

psoregan wrote:

Hi Pink Strawberry

Thats sounds good and within budget

How would I contact a Realtor and who are they? :)

Thanks

Phil

It's safe to say that anyone who posts ads for housing and not specifically saying that the house/apt. in question is theirs are realtors. Just contact them, through their company they're have a whole portfolio of places they can show you depending on your budget and needs.

charmavietnam wrote:

Agreed but how we measure 'convenience'? :)
Some people think living near Ben Thanh is convenient. Others think live far from Ben Thanh is convenient  :)
So paying money is not important but rent a convenient room/house/apartment is important.
You can rent a 2 BR apartment from $500 within 3 kilometer from Ben Thanh  if you try  :)

If you read the comment I was originally replying to, that person was talking about a 5BR villa in D9 and I think we can all agree on that living in D9 isn't convenient. If you want to live away from downtown you choose D2/3/4/5/7 depending on how far away you want to go but not D9. Rent might be cheaper but you'd have to commute far for everything and you'll end up spending what you're saving on rent to pay for gas anyways.

I was also addressing the fact to why ads on sites like these are expensive. The convenience of finding a place on the spot online will cost you a bit more compared to if you contact a realtor and go "shopping" for the best deal. That's paying premium for convenience.

I think Dejavu.dot was mentioning about rent hikes. It means if we spend that much money we will get better accommodation little inside area. Of course all people look convenience before they move but price is inevitable. Moreover if you little patient and search carefully, then you will get a better accommodation with a cheap price whether it is apartment or independent house.  :)

PinkStrawberry wrote:

If you read the comment I was originally replying to, that person was talking about a 5BR villa in D9 and I think we can all agree on that living in D9 isn't convenient.

cheers pink

I was lucky enough to find a great 2BR pad in a good location for 600USD including cleaning/ gym/ sauna/ restaurant

There are lots places out there good luck to all expats :)

Hi, how much for your budget and which the location are you looking for? Cheers.
Linh

psoregan wrote:

cheers pink

I was lucky enough to find a great 2BR pad in a good location for 600USD including cleaning/ gym/ sauna/ restaurant

There are lots places out there good luck to all expats :)

That's awesome. If you don't mind me asking, what apartment complex is it? I would love to have access to gym. Feel free to PM if you don't feel like disclosing where you live in public lol :)

Hi Sam, check out lonely planet -Saigon  you'll figure the page but some nice starter hotels from 14$ good range of locales too

You should check out vnrental.com they have a good site to help expats

thanks

I know a realtor who helped my friend find a nice room which met almost his expectation. He is honest & nice. He won't charge you. If you'd like to have his contact please send message to me. Hope he can help.

please sent me the details, my contact no +84-902926099, [email protected]

[Moderated: No free ad]

Heyy how can I find cheap appartment because on this forum it's very expensive xD
Do I need to find it by myself ? Go and ask all the appartment in saigon?

I am not a hurry foreigner dear. I know what is suitable for me. I never paid or pay in future like this!
What do you mean by long term? 10 years?
Op just need it for 6 months. Normally people rent 1 year. Even if you mean lease, your conditions are against society.
People like you compelling tenants to rent with all your conditions. Foreigners who has 'something inside' think twice and ask many locals about market rate before they rent. Some 'nothing inside' guys rent with these conditions because they don't know really they are screwing up commoners. Anyway people like you are lucky in Vietnam because nobody ask you tax or anything if you give some green bills  :)

honeysucklevn wrote:

Hi charmavietnam,
If you want to rent long term and stable then it is worth considering.

Arthur!
This forum has no problem  :)
Agents are the big problem. They want too much profit from one deal.
To get too much profit, they ask more money as rent plus something like the above poster quoted.
If you value your money you should spend it carefully. I know many foreigners paying more than half of their earning as rent!
Until you get apartment/room just stay in some budget hotel and continue your search. Many locals in this forum and expats are willing to help.
All you need to do is just ask some help here if you have no local connection.

Arthur Rimbaud wrote:

Heyy how can I find cheap appartment because on this forum it's very expensive xD
Do I need to find it by myself ? Go and ask all the appartment in saigon?

Hi Charma,

My conditions's clear so If It isn't reach your requirements, just reference only, not give any opinion. Your time is precious. This is the last feedback, thank you for your interest. Bye!

Who care your conditions?
You should get lost from here with your 'conditions'!
You have no right to say that don't give any opinion!
Of course many expats need my opinion more than yours! That's why I am here!
I have no interest in you, sorry!

honeysucklevn wrote:

Hi Charma,
My conditions's clear so If It isn't reach your requirements, just reference only, not give any opinion. Your time is precious. This is the last feedback, thank you for your interest. Bye!

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Bill-Hader-Eating-Popcorn-Smiling-SNL.gif

The apartments listed on here for rent are too high, have a look at Craiglist Vietnam, much cheaper. Dont forget to bargain them down as they always raise the price to get better commission.

colinoscapee wrote:

The apartments listed on here for rent are too high, have a look at Craiglist Vietnam, much cheaper. Dont forget to bargain them down as they always raise the price to get better commission.

I just checked CL vietnam and it's as expensive xD

Arthur Rimbaud wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

I just checked CL vietnam and it's as expensive xD

Hi,

it takes time to find a suitable apartment!

So Arthur your saying 500usd a month is too expensive.

If 500 is too expensive then forget about Saigon

colinoscapee wrote:

So Arthur your saying 500usd a month is too expensive.

i dont have any experience but the people on this forum said that the agent gets a lot of comission so the price is very high

500$ for 30sqm is very expensive I guess
In Bangkok I can have the same appartment for 200$
but this is just my opinion, it may be cheap for u but not for everyone

colinoscapee wrote:

If 500 is too expensive then forget about Saigon

Wooow I really people like you but nvm

Ok, then maybe Bangkok is a better option. For 200 usd a month in Bangkok it will on the outer areas

No in the center of bangkok with acess to the bts..

Dear. Please tell me where do u want to stay, and how much will u pay for it, maybe i can help :)

Ok, well you can read this but its 2 years old and the prices will be higher

http://www.saigonist.com/b/finding-affo … ld-it-cost