Moving to Erbil

Hey guys!
Am  25 years old single male, and I have been offered a middle level Finance position in an MNC based in Erbil.
I havent accepted the offer as yet, and am wondering about the following details on which to base my decision.
-Security
-Residence - i need names of good places with good standards where i could rent an apartment, which is close to the city hub. And of course how much would it cost to rent a one/two bedroom  apt in a good area preferred by expats.
-Cost of living?
-Average income - what is the minimum wage in which a person can have a decent living in Erbil?
-Food expenditures - on average how much is spent on food and restaurants?
-Transportation (public or private)
Any other factors and details to be considered would be highly appreciated!
Thanks a lot!

Faizan.m wrote:

Hey guys!
Am  25 years old single male, and I have been offered a middle level Finance position in an MNC based in Erbil.
I havent accepted the offer as yet, and am wondering about the following details on which to base my decision.
-Security
-Residence - i need names of good places with good standards where i could rent an apartment, which is close to the city hub. And of course how much would it cost to rent a one/two bedroom  apt in a good area preferred by expats.
-Cost of living?
-Average income - what is the minimum wage in which a person can have a decent living in Erbil?
-Food expenditures - on average how much is spent on food and restaurants?
-Transportation (public or private)
Any other factors and details to be considered would be highly appreciated!
Thanks a lot!

Welcome to the forum.

I would expect your employer to take care of security for you and provide accommodation.
For cost of living this site may help www.numbeo.com
For salary try www.payscale.com

@stumpy, Thanks for the info.
My employer is going to pay me a monthly allowance for accomodation (Approx $1400). Is that enough for a decent 1/2 bed?
I ll have to manage the accomodation my self, so any good neighborhood which you can recommend? With a lively and friendly environment? Where i can meet other expats too!