I want to know about the business in Malaysia.

Hi,
I want to invest in Malaysia for a suitable business. I want to earn 6000-8000 Ringgit at the starting.
What will be the suitable business and how much should I invest?
How much time it will be taken to prepare legal documents?
Thanks
Barkey

Hi..
There are so many business opportunities available here but whether it is going to be succesful or not would depends on so many things (your expertise, competitions, strategies and even contacts etc etc. I m not a realestate agent but I have friends who make easy money by investing in properties and rent it out maybe short to mid term basis. Good and 'happening' locations are bit expensive to the locals but meet the minimum requirement for foreigners to own a property. Depending on the available facilities you can fetch quite high rentals for other foreigners to stay at your place.

The minimum purchase price for foreigners is now RM1 million (since March 2014) but there are no immigration rights associated with property ownership.

Setting up a company is relatively easy, but competition is very tough indeed and many ones owned by foreigners fail, as they simply have to compete against Malaysians, who have many advantages.

100% foreign owned company set-up to live and work in Malaysia also requires RM1 million in working capital to be deposited into a corporate account. It can be used to run the business but needs to be returned to the balance sheet for the report and accounts.  If there is a partnership with a Malaysian the working capital is RM350 000 and the majority shareholder has to be a Malaysian.  This website is very comprehensive:

http://malaysiabizadvisory.com/malaysia … oreigners/