Moving to changping with my husband and two year old daughter

Hi, my husband to be has had a offer of a job teaching in bejing changping. We would live on campus and I would like to know what life is like and I'm worried I'm taking a big jump into the unknown.........  Excited but nervous

Hi jodie ann,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

In order to help you what to expect in China, i will advise you to have a look at the Living in China guide section, there are a lot of articles full of interesting and useful information.

You may also browse through the several forum categories and to read out topics that you find interesting.

If you have some specific questions to ask, please do not hesitate to ask them here.

Let the adventure begin !  :proud

Priscilla

Jodie hi

I am sure that you and hubby will have a great time.

Is your campus near the subway line?

Sorry but I am not over familiar with the Changping area and I think I only know one or two people living in that part of Beijing.

It is not a heavily populated expat area and i suspect that, if you need them, you might have to do a weekly commute into downtown to get a "fix" of expat comfort products.

If will be though a great place to try local restaurants and local products and your perspective of China will be very different and closer to the normal Chinese person than that of the people living in affluent Expat heavy areas.

If you have an open mind and are curious about your new surroundings I am sure you will have a great time.