Newbie here

I am considering moving to Thailand in the, not too distant, future. I have traveled to the country many times over the last 11 years.  Because of personal circumstances I have decided this is the place where I would like to reside. I have some health issues...treatable. So I am concerned about the availability of drugs, and doctors. I have visited a hospital in Bangkok, Bhumrungrad, and was impressed with that facility. However, I am still concerned as to my specific situation. Diabetes, High PB, and A-Fib. I have a retirement income as well as Social Security (USA), which, I believe, could allow me to live comfortably albiet not lavishly. I am concerned also about moving money from US into Thailand without incurring high fees. about my relocation
Any suggestions forthcoming from members would be much appreciated.....I have many other questions about my relocation, and i will post again soon.
Thanks in advance for any information received.

Bart

I would be more concerned about health insurance costs rather than money transfer fees.
I suggest you read through other posts on this forum which will give you an idea of what is involved in the move.
Good luck.

Thank you, I will do that.

As you mentioned hospitals are impressive here. Most of doctors in private hospitals are fluent in English and received their degrees abroad.

As for the  moving money, you meant to say to move certain amount to do retirement visa or?

With regards to the banking end of your inquiry. There is a Bangkok bank in N.Y. I am told is still near the former Twin towers. Google them and see about setting up something there. Now ! for the health concerns, I am retired from Canada and live in Chiang Mai. They have the teaching hospitals here and some fantastic medical services here. I would also scope them out. Chiang Mai is  much more comfortable place to live compared to the rat race in Bangkok. Also another piece of information for you. There are a number of new retired care home here run by Swiss and I think German. They offer a care home for when you are older at a package rate that can not be matched in North America. Again more info for you to search out on Google. Hope this is a little bit of help. Norman L.

Hi Bart

Medical Facilities & Doctors here are fine & very affordable. All the same, I would advise you to take out Health Insurance of some sort. You will not regret moving here.