Relocation To Uruguay

Greeting Everyone,

I require information in relocating to uruguay. I require every itty bitty detail about the process as my research made it more complicated. I would be grateful if someone were to list down step by step  summary of the procedures and answer my questions.. My understanding of the process is as follows.
Documents required:

Birth Certificate
Proof of Income
Medical Certificate (From uruguay or abroad?)
Police certificate from country of origin (As I have lived in the UK for three years, will I require a Police Certificate?)
Getting documents notarised (abroad, uruguay or both?)
Proof of address (If I rent a room in a private residence, will that be ok?
Bank Account (How on earth do I open one?)
Tetanus Vaccination (Necessary)?
Have I missed anything?
I currently reside in the UK but am not a national of UK, I have been offered a job with a UK company which allows me to work abroad,  would this suffice as proof of income? Also, I need to know which city I need to go to in order to get everything done and avoid the hassle of travelling from city to city.
I shall forever be in our debt. Help me out!!!
Thanks a Ton

Call this guy:
Gonzalo A. Gomez
Registered relocation consultant
[email protected]

The requirements seem to change often but what I needed to provide three years ago were birth certificate and proof of income.  Now these have to be apostilled or legalized depending on the country you currently live in. For me this meant getting a brand new original birth cerficate, then it had to be authenticated by the appropriate Embassy - ie that the Registrars signature was the correct one, then it had to be legalized.
Proof of income - it had to be an original document from the government showing current pension income, this then had to go through the same steps as above. There are costs for each step. For a private company income, I do not know.

Medical is done here, you need proof of a tetanus shot or will need to have one here. Women also have additional tests depending on age. These are the same ones all Uruguayan women must have every few years in order to get a health card for employment.

Police certificate is from country of birth, and every other country you have lived in since turning 18. This seems to be a bit flexible depending on where you are from but at least country of birth and the current one. If others are in your passport or documents are from a different country, then you will most likely need a police report from there too.

Documents need to be apostilled or legalized abroad and then they go through a complicated process here to be suitable for immigration. It included translating by an official translator and getting a bunch of seals on them.

Proof of address is a utility bill in your name.

There will probably be many more requirements as you go through the process, but you do not need everything all at once and as it is taking around three years at present , you will have time to get all the other things you get asked for along the way. 

Just remember, just because someone at immigration takes your documents, it does not mean they are acceptable to the many other people who actually look at them.  You need to check every few months how things are going or your file will gather dust as something is wrong but they probably won't bother to let you know.

Another thing to keep in mind is that documents especially police reports expire in I think 6 months. They need to be presented to Immigration within that time frame.

Montevideo is where everything ends up so you might choose to go there at least until you decide. As said earlier, things change so I may not be up to date on the current rules.