Finding work in Shanghai

Hi, Im 37 from New Zealand and I want to move to Shanghai in a few months to live there for at least a year. I was there for a short visit recently so I have some idea of what to expect from living there. The problem that I can see for myself is that I do not have the skills or qualifications that are most in demand from local employers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Regards Tyrone.

Hello Tyrone and welcome on board :)

Could you please tell our members a bit more so that they can possibly guide you better? In which field are you seeking an employment?

Your best bet will be to find a job in a field that you have good expertise.

Regards

Kenjee

Hi Kenjee,
Thanks for your input. I am a qualified builder, i worked in the UK driving tractors, in France crewing on a super yacht, in Australia in the mines, i have worked in sales and in retail and at the moment i am self employed drawing building plans in NZ. The biggest problem that i have is that i have a back problem that stops me from doing and hard physical work like i used to. I have found it difficut to think of a field in Shanghai that i would be suited to. I don't speak chinese and i know that is not ideal, but i would welcome any input.

Regards Tyrone.