Close

Working in Paris without speaking French

Hi Sue, I don't agree that our comments are harsh. They are the results of our experiences living in France. If the poster has other financial support, then fine, go for it. However, if she is alone in supporting herself, we are simply warning her that the reality is not easy so that hopefully she can come prepared. Life in any big city, including Paris, can be harsh if you have no or very little income.

Sue Chamberlain :

Very harsh comments, I live in Australia, we have thousands of immigrants that cannot speak Australian (ha! ha! English) and certainly not our customs, but we are encouraged to employ and try to accommodate them, no matter what their reasons are: if you have a visa to live and work in France, go for it, there is always something. I am moving to France in December hopefully where I will live I will be received with happiness.having experienced France and have family who live there you will be ok. Sue

Hash not, but facts and advise given. You have to remember no 2 countries are the same after all France is not Austrailia.

Expatriate health insurance in Paris

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Paris

Moving to Paris

Find tips from professionals about moving to Paris

Travel insurance in Paris

Enjoy stress-free travel to Paris