Help needed

i currently live in yk, i married 6 years ago in mauritius and also did civil marriage in uk around 4 years ago. me and my ex partner mutually divorced last year in UK. can some one help me as how can i get divorced in mauritius . do i have to go back and file divorce there or can i do it from uk. also do i have to be in mauritius with my Ex to file divorce or one of us can go and do it.

OR is my UK divorce enough for me to get married again in mauritius or do i have to divorce there before marrying there again.

this is my first post. please ask if i havent clarified the question.

Hi,
as far as I am aware your uk divorce paper is enough as this declares the divorce. Religious marriage is different, different religions have different rules and theybhave to be done separately.

thx for reply, one thing i forgot to mention that i did civil marriage in Mauritius, didn't do religious marriage. so would my divorce papers from uk marriage enough to dissolve my civil marriage in mauritius too .
regards

yes same here, if also can recommend you a lawyer dealing with such issues..so don't hesitate for any help.

Hello crazygirl

If need a lawyer you might have a look at the business directory ; Lawyers in Mauritius.
I also invite others to recommend their lawyer in this section.

Thank you.

Hello crazygirl,

Regardless of anything else you need to consult a lawyer in Mauritius who is experienced in family law. Many countries do have a process by which foreign Divorce Orders are recognized and thus have legal effect in their nation. Those that do not require a separate divorce in their own judicial system. A lawyer will be able to help you sort this out.

Would you begin treating yourself for some serious medical condition based solely on information you obtained on a forum? I highly doubt it. Why then would you proceed with something as serious as this without counsel from a qualified practicing lawyer?

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Hi, your divorce paper from uk is enough you should do some formalities here in Mauritius. It not necessary you come to Mauritius the work can be done by an attorney here in Mauritius which will represent you here in Mauritius. If you need some reply me will do all the necessary.