Home schooling in Brasil

Anyone know of any home schooling families anywhere in Brasil?

I've been living in Brazil for almost 9 years and I am also a teacher (with 22 years in the profession). I have never heard of home schooling here in Brazil and I don't believe that it is even permitted under the Brazilian laws. There are only two kinds of schools here, the public schools which are terrible and the private schools that are incredibly expensive. The owners of these schools jealously guard their "turf" and I would suspect that if home schooling is not permited here, these school owners are behind it. I would suggest that you contact a lawyer here in Brazil and put the question to him/her.

Cheers, and good luck.

Thank you for taking the time to reply so quickly.  I do have friends who used to live in Brasil for many years and home educated their children.  Thankfully, there are only 5 countries in the world which do not allow home education, or so I've been told.  One of which is Germany, which brought in that law during the Nazi regime!  I do hope the country of my birth is not one of the other four!  Thanks again.

I too believe it is illegal in Brazil.

eh, i don't think it's illegal, just completely nonexistent in the social, cultural and political realms. my mother-in-law was a home school teacher for other people's children in Bahia a long time ago (i guess in the 70's) but aside from that i haven't heard a word about it. if it does exist i suppose you would have to get a license from the state to do it. which would make sense, everything here requires added procedure and hoops so that someone somewhere along the way can make money from application fees and useless tests (such as a psychology exam for getting a driver's license). so getting a home shcool license must be, well, quite a procedure. boa sorte~!

It is illegal in Brazil, for brazilians. If the parents and the children are american, I believe there would be no problem. But any brazilian children must go to a school. However, they wouldn't be able to go to university in Brazil.

The only public schools convenient in Brazil are the ones vinculated to Big universities, the "escolas de aplicação" which are the university lab schools for graduating teachers. However, the child must undergo a test or sorting to enter shuch schools, for there are many parents trying for a spot.