Immigrating to scotland

My husband is a British citizen and his parents were born and live there, however he was born in South Africa, he has his British citizenship, we are now looking into immigrating to Scotland after the death of my mother in law, we have 3 kids that were born in South Africa, just like myself. My husband and I have been married 17 years. Does anyone know if our children will be able to get his citizenship due to ancestry? Will I have a problem going over as a South African? Does anyone have any leads for jobs for myself over there as reception/office or admin jobs? What is life like there and will we be accepted into the community at all seeing as we are from South Africa? I am excited to make the move there but I know so little about the place. My father in law needs us to be close to him as he is old and I believe that having his only grandchildren with him it will give him joy after the passing of his wife. If you have any tips or advice you would like to share with me, I will greatly appreciate it.:)

JDEE wrote:

Does anyone have any leads for jobs for myself over there as reception/office or admin jobs?

Maybe you could post an ad in Scotland's Classifieds -> Jobs section?
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Arlette

Hi

There are jobs available, but not as many as there once was! Temping is your best bet I think. There is jobcentre.gov.uk and temping agencies such as Hays and Reed. I don't know where you will be living but it really depends on luck to find a welcoming community, just like anywhere really! I'm Scottish living now in France and compared to here the people in Scotland are very down to earth, like a laugh and in general are very welcoming.

Hi I know a very good Immigration solicitor which based in Glasgow.Their name is Hamilton Burns&ws.Their number is 00441414290600,you could ask these questions and you could mention my name Mr.Zeki aykut,Turkish Interpreter and translator.Good Luck.   

JDEE wrote:

My husband is a British citizen and his parents were born and live there, however he was born in South Africa, he has his British citizenship, we are now looking into immigrating to Scotland after the death of my mother in law, we have 3 kids that were born in South Africa, just like myself. My husband and I have been married 17 years. Does anyone know if our children will be able to get his citizenship due to ancestry? Will I have a problem going over as a South African? Does anyone have any leads for jobs for myself over there as reception/office or admin jobs? What is life like there and will we be accepted into the community at all seeing as we are from South Africa? I am excited to make the move there but I know so little about the place. My father in law needs us to be close to him as he is old and I believe that having his only grandchildren with him it will give him joy after the passing of his wife. If you have any tips or advice you would like to share with me, I will greatly appreciate it.:)