Meet new people

Hi everybody, I've recently moved to Tonglu an hour away from Hangzhou. There seem not to be other expect in this city and I feel quite bored (not to say lonely).
I wonder if anyone can let me share in some activities in Hangzhou during the weekend so I could meet new people.

Thanks in advance!
Isabella

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Isabella,

Maybe a little introdution might help?
What brought you to Hangzhou?

Regards
Armand
Expat.com Team

Hi Armand,
Thank you for the suggestion!

I'm fashion designer from Italy, I'm 24 years old and I just moved to China because of my new job as bag designer in Tonglu. I'm planning on staying in China for a couple of years so I'm trying to get more involved in some activities in Hangzhou because my town doesn't offer any. I'm looking for mandarin classes for beginners and whichever other course/activity (in the weekend) I could enjoy meeting new people.

I'm very easygoing and I believe fun to hang out with! I have a "why-not" attitude so whatever it is; climbing a mountain, visiting a temple, taking pottery classes or just hanging out for a coffee, It's all good to me.

So if anyone can help, I would be very glad. =D

See you!
Isabella

Hi, I'm Aga from Poland. I live in Lishui - small city around 3,5h drive from Hangzhou. Here are only a few foreigners so I understand how you feel. for the frist half a year in here I thought that I might be the only one. If you need an advice on surviving in a small city in China just ask. As i said I'm not in Hangzhou but I usually go there for a long weekend few times a year. So if you'll be free than we could go sightseeing. Actually I was thinking of going to their amusement park (never been there yet, but I really want to ride the rollercoster :) Although I can settle for sth more peacefull like coffee as well.

Hi Aga! I'm so glad to hear from you and to know there's someone out there in my same situation!
I can definitely use some advices! =)
I'd love to join you to go to the amusement park, It sounds great =D The only inconvenient is that I'll be traveling through out August, for work, so I can only plan something from September on. Which I guess it might not be ideal for you?
Anyway, let me know if we can menage to meet later on finger crossed! I would be very nice to know you in person!!

Hi I'm Alan, a Chinese guy work and live in Hangzhou, welcome to this beautiful city. I can understand what you feel as I was a expat in a foreign country before, I think I can share in something with you during the weekend

Hi Isabella, I'm Pearl from Malaysia, living in Hangzhou since Sept. Would be great to meet u if u pop into Hangzhou. I'm always interested in handbags, my husband loves to walk n walk n explore n we love to eat n find new places to have coffee n hang out. I'm free weekdays as I don't work n my husband n I are both free on weekends. So let us know if you're coming to Hangzhou n would like to meet up. My WeChat id is PearlBj

Ciao Isabella,
Ti scrivo per sapere se sei ancora in Tonglu, io vivo in Malaysia, ma dovrei firmare un contratto per venire a lavorare li.
Faccio il cuoco e L'albergo dovre dovrei lavorare é il Legend Hotel, che da quanto ho capito non é ancora aperto.
Quello che vorrei Capire é che tipo di gente potrebbe frequentare quel posto li, il livello di cultura medio, se c'é un minimo di "amenità" con standard europeo in quella cittá, se finito di lavorare (finisco sempre tardi alla notte) trova un posta da bermi una birra prima di andare a letto etc.
Inoltre parte del mio contratto riguardante ore di lavoro giorno di riposo etch. dice: in conformità con le leggi locali, leggi che pur cercando non ho trovato(almeno scritte in Inglese)..
Insomma se ha qualche dritta e consiglio prima di firmare il mio contratto te ne sarei grato.
Grazie Andrea
PS: io sono di Vicenza e tu?

@ zanella64 > Can you please post in english on this english speaking forum please?

Thanks

Priscilla :)