Health System for Permanent Residents ?

Good Morning Manama  :cheers:

I have a query , do "Permanent Residents with CPR" get entitled to healthcare , are they allowed to get access to government hospitals?

If not , how much does Insurance cost for a family of 4 ? And what all is covered ?

If you have a CPR, you are entitled to free public heath care for all holders... Im pretty sure lol

I think CPR only covers expats for emergency care, best to call AMH for more advice - we have CPR's but need medical Insurance. It's expensive!! Go to Prime Pacific, they will find you the best cover.

Josnuggles wrote:

I think CPR only covers expats for emergency care, best to call AMH for more advice - we have CPR's but need medical Insurance. It's expensive!! Go to Prime Pacific, they will find you the best cover.

Alright apart from that , how much would insurance cost ? The cheapest for a family of 4 ?
P.S : We would be applying for permanent residency !

This is a duplicate post.

Hi.
My family and I are permanent residents. We go to the public clinic for everything. They charge us BD 3 for each visit and it covers all our medicines too. My kids get all their shots and check ups at the clinic too. No problems and everyone is so nice there. We don't have a need for health insurance at all.

Florida Flower wrote:

Hi.
My family and I are permanent residents. We go to the public clinic for everything. They charge us BD 3 for each visit and it covers all our medicines too. My kids get all their shots and check ups at the clinic too. No problems and everyone is so nice there. We don't have a need for health insurance at all.

Hey there ,

Thanks for the long reply , are you sponsored by a company ?
What I am talking about is "Self Sponsorship"  we would be living without a sponsor !
Does that too come under "BD 3"

Or is it a rule or something that those foreigners with CPR get entitled to BD 3 each visit policy ?

P.S , yeah Bahrain is friendly , I do visit Bahrain a lot , like once a month as it is just 30 minutes away from Dahran  :idontagree:

gunner757 wrote:

Good Morning Manama  :cheers:

I have a query , do "Permanent Residents with CPR" get entitled to healthcare , are they allowed to get access to government hospitals?

If not , how much does Insurance cost for a family of 4 ? And what all is covered ?

Gunner - if you are to apply for self-sponsorship, you should submit health insurance policies for all members of your family as part of your application.

Government health care is available only to those who are employed and contribute to the GOSI. The 3% that employers pay in behalf of expatriate employees covers this government health care facility.

If you are on self-sponsorship, you will not be contributing to GOSI, hence I dont think you will be entitled to health care at government healthcare facilities.

The only situation when healthcare is provided free of cost to everyone is if there is an emergency/accident.