Crossfit/ MMA in Jeddah?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and will be in Jeddah in August.  I'll be part of the shipping of teachers that get to KSA every year.   I was wondering if there are any places/gyms to do either crossfit or mma (mixed martial arts)?
Thanks in advance

uff its full of those places just search online

I've googled it several times, but no luck so far.
Thanks tho.

look when u get here ull see. there are alot of gymm's and diffrent classes . never ending. i first thought it was going to be a desert. man was i wrong

Thanks man,
I'll definitely do that.

For MMA  you can go to Arts Club Asia for self-defense

Thanks YE2014. I'll check it out.

If you are going to live in Saudia City, is a gym there! I am not sure but for the best gym Maybe you have to paid! And also Saudia is a hug compound , with a lot swimming pool and areas for walk!

I'm in Jeddah right now. I have seen a few MMA gyms around.  I was planning on joining one as well. One is called "Legendary Heroes". I saw another one called "Arena MMA". Not sure about the cross fit gym though

welcome in Jeddah
nice day to all

Hey Mak500,
I've seen ArenaSaudi online. It looks pretty good.
Looking forward to it.

I really want to join. After Ramadaan is over. I may look into joining

Hi Gustaf,

I will also be heading to Jeddah in a few weeks with the troves of other teachers. Also looking for Crossfit, but worried about being able to do it as a female...

However, I found this one on the Crossfit.com website. 966crossfit.com/contactus.htm

Intlskipper,
Thanks! I'll check that one out. I also found a new place Jeddah that just opened. It is a huge building with MMA, Crossfit, BJJ, free weights etc. It seems that is open for females too. It is called Arena SA.
It is just a few miles from the school I will work at.

Hi

I`m coming to Jeddah to and interested in all this, and other sports! Just putting out feelers at moment, sure it will all come together when I get there!

Sarah

Right on Sarah. If anything we can make a crossfit group and make some wod's with the available equipment at the gyms in one of the compounds.

Hi Guys

I have just opened a gym....finally after 8 years of preparing and saving. My focus is crossfit style conditining, MMA and gymnastics. I've working mainly with athletes and children's sports I'm UK and in Saudi a lot of weight management and corrective exercise. Anyway my gym a cool little community of Athletes we call Spooners! I'm on the corniche, close to Sheraton and Red Sea Mall. Check us out of Facebook and Instagram ...search s p o o n f e d f i t n e s s

When you come to Jeddah let me know your compound and we can push to have someone in my team launch sessions there for you

The best gyms in Jeddah right now are 22 athletes ...also crossfit966, this is on sultan street on the way towards Saudi City compound. Very sexy looking crossfit copy paste gym and the owners are hiring good USA coaches. The other is Arena...this place is world class and offers MMA as a focus with good crossfit. Way bigger experience than 22 but depends on what you like. Arena is off sultan street....close to Amal street (Jeddah Prep school) but heading towards Kings Road.
I'm a way smaller training center....focus on athletic conditioning, fixing problems and then getting strong and fit. I'm based on the corniche near Red Sea Mall. I just got an amazing bJJ black belt too and started gymnastics. Anyway the point is try as many as you can and get a good feel but distance to your house is vital as Jeddah traffic gets bad. Need any advice just head to the spoonfedfitnes social media pages

Hey people,

Im already in Jeddah! im giving classes at chamelle gym & my own privates lessons in compounds! can you suggest more cool gyms?

nice to meet you spoonfedtiness

i want crossfit classes for women

rareshine wrote:

i want crossfit classes for women

Gold gym ? compounds ?

Has anyone heard about the new sports city. It sounds amazing, however is it actually a facility people can use. I will be arriving in Jeddah soon and love playing football.

I was  hoping to start a small weekly team for fun and fitness. Are there any regular casual football going on? I mean soccer if you American.

ROCKFIRE wrote:

Has anyone heard about the new sports city. It sounds amazing, however is it actually a facility people can use. I will be arriving in Jeddah soon and love playing football.

I was  hoping to start a small weekly team for fun and fitness. Are there any regular casual football going on? I mean soccer if you American.

The stadium is ready, but not sure of the city.