New to Nantong, Jiangsu

Having lived and worked in China previously for about a year and a half I recently returned to take up a new teaching role in Nantong, Jiangsu. I am new to the area, have never been here before and know nobody. Are there other expats here, if so where do ye hangout? Looking to meet other English speaking foreigners in the area.

Hi,

Many expat are here. in which area you are living ?
you can go through "nantongmap.net" for details about bars/club.
Many expat use this website. even when i came to nantong , i found this helpful.
You can meet with many expat.

Hi Anantm,

Your reply is much appreciated. I will be sure to look up that maps site you have provided. I am very new here, and I mean VERY new. I only arrived here from Ireland on Thursday night.

I am not really familiar with the area, but I am teaching in a Kindergarten in the new Development Zone.

Cathal

I have also notived that it lists events, and offers on in bars/restaurants yet it doesn't provide any address in Chinese or taxi cards to show a driver where to bring me. Would be very handy if they provided such info. Also a number of the links on the site are disabled or down for maintanance. not the best or most informative site I have ever been on I must admit. Still as clueless as ever after viewing the site.