Do I need to show my birth certificate for obtaining occupation permit

Do I need to show my birth certificate for obtaining occupation permit ? What are the substitute documents in case I don't have the birth certificate ?

Basis ur passport, the Indian embassy gives u the birth certificate... The Indian embassy requires certain documents for issuing the birth certificate, inter alia, a letter from Board of Investment (BOI) [standard form with BOI] stating that they require Indian embassy to issue B. Certificate for OP purposes...

Fees of Indian embassy - MUR 945.

Yes you need certificate

Have you issued birth certificate from Indian embassy, how much time it takes?

yes... takes roughly a week....

Did you need a letter from BOI to get the birth certificate from indian embassy?

Hi,

to the first question :

Do I need to show my birth certificate for obtaining occupation permit ?

the reply is yes !

and to the second one :

Did you need a letter from BOI to get the birth certificate from indian embassy?

I don't think the BOI will give you any letter

I don't recollect if or not BOI issued any letter - mostly, it did (not 100% sure as it was quite a while ago).  But was perusing the Indian embassy website and a letter from employer is also doable.

http://indiahighcom-mauritius.org/pages.php?id=15

refer 'type of service' - "Birth Certificate"

ok.. thx

hi everyone
i want to apply birth certificate for my wife, in indian embassy, so what documents i need and how can i get that documents?
can anyone guide me for this please ?

To apply birth certificate of dependent.

1) You need to visit EDB Office (Sterling House, 4th Floor).
2) Ask them to provide letter to obtain birth certificate from Indian High Commission
3) Show them (EDB) dependent passport and copy of your OP
4) Go to Indian Embassy and submit EDB Letter, Passport Copy and OP Copy alongwith Application form.

If you need any kind of help just ping me I will help you out, as I have get all the work done by my own.

Thanks Mr. Sumit, I will start it and if anything to ask I will msg here. Thanks a lot again.

Any time Singh Sahab.

Hi, Mr. Sumit,
I want to start visa procedure for my wife as she reached here last week. So, for medical, I need any letter from company or whatever I need for her medical?
I asked here in the company and they told me first I have to go for medical and then for the birth certificate, For birth certificate, I know the procedure, just inform me hows the procedure to start for medical step by step, please.

call me @ 5479 5444

Hi !sumith is it mandatory to apply birth certificate from Indian high commission?
I have birth certificate issued by local municipality from indian local body

If you upload your  birth certificate issued by local municipality from Indian local body, they will ask you to provide attestation from Indian High Commission for the Birth Certificate. So it's better to apply birth certificate to Indian High Commission.  I also sent you a msg on your whatsapp pls check.