Visa availability

Dear all,

Hope all are fine. I was in oman since 2008 to 2013 august. When i left oman after cancelling my visa, the visa was valid upto nov 2014. Presently i have an job offer from oman. But heard some new rules are there (2year ban).
So is that rule going to afect me. Ot is that rule only for those who leaves aftrr this july?
Can my visa be processed!?

Please answer if anyone have a clear idea

Thanks in advance

Lucky

Hi lmlcochin,

The 2-year waiting period rule comes into effect from July 1st.

And it is applicable only for those who exit Oman from July.

Once you cancel your employment visa it's validity becomes null and void with immediate effect.

But remember, once you join any job in Oman now, you cannot change your job and in case you leave, you cannot come back for 2 years from the date of your exit.

Dear sumitran

Thanks for your quick and clear response

hi dear sumitran , \

just wanted to enquire whether this law of banning for 2 years in oman is applicable after july 1st or before.

the rreason is that i have got a new offer in oman and my visa is under the processing formalities and also i had left the country in december 2013. So please enlighten me with the proceedings and the desired answer to avoid any confusion.

thanking you , ajay

hi buddies ,

can someone please clarify the latest updates on the visa ban in oman as its very confusing for us over here as we have to break our head due to this confusion daily

thanks

please give us an answer soon highly obligated if someone does so

is this 2 year visa ban a true news or just media rumours and is it going to be implemented by july 1st

ajay1383 wrote:

hi dear sumitran , \

just wanted to enquire whether this law of banning for 2 years in oman is applicable after july 1st or before.

the rreason is that i have got a new offer in oman and my visa is under the processing formalities and also i had left the country in december 2013. So please enlighten me with the proceedings and the desired answer to avoid any confusion.

thanking you , ajay

Hi ajay1383,

The 2-year waiting period rule is applicable to only those who exit Oman (after cancelling their employment visa) after July 01st, and certainly not before.

Please read the various discussions on the same subject in  the forum, where I have even provided newspaper links concerning the details.

Good luck.

thanks sumitran  ,

really u have destressed all my worries . now just praying and hoping my visa comes at the rite time. thnks a lot buddy. cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi sumitran sorry to bother u but please can u clarify whether a person cam get new employment visa even after July 1st also as the visa processing formalities are going on . Also the person left Oman in Dec 2013. So please clarify and advice so that no more tensions thanking you ajay

Dear sumitran

Last week my new company submitted my passport to ministry but they rejected due to new rule. I wont be able to come to oman for another one year. So for all of your information the rule is applicable for those who left before july and not completed 2 years.

Thanks
Lal

Hi Lal,

Thanks for your first-hand information.

My source is mostly the newspapers. But then even with the published news items, there are so many discrepencies amongst these local publications.

Dear Mr. Sumithran,
My Oman Visa is valid till 20-Dec-2014. I left Oman on 20-November-2013 without cancelling the Visa. Usually the Visa  will be automatically cancelled in 6 months. So by 20-May-2014 it should be automatically cancelled.

Now if i get a job, could I able to work in Oman for a new employer?

Please kindly clarify my doubt.

Sincerely,
Mike

Dear mike,

I left in july 2013 after cancelling my visa. I got a job in 2014 August but my visa was not processed due to new rules.so this applies for you too.you won't be able to come back before finishing two years outside oman. Or your previous company have to give you a NOC.
You contact your old company for this.usually most of companies don't give noc. Any how you contact ur old company and try ur luck.

Regards