American in Utrecht looking for Expat friends!

Hi
My name is Audra. I am living in Utrecht and I am looking to connect with other English speaking Expats. 
Just looking for friends. I am married, 38 years old. Hope to talk..please email me if ya wanna chat!

Welcome on Expat-blog Audra! :)

All the best,
Christine

Hi Audra,

I am also an American living here in NL.  My husband and I reside in Dordrecht with our son.  I would love to connect with other expats such as yourself.  Let me know!

Take care,
Jess

Hello Audra,

My name is Olivier, french expat, and living with my wife and son in Arnhem. There is an expat group in Nijmegen with english speaking people, the one of Arnhem is a bit on hold at the moment looking for a new organiser. Let's connect!

Have a great day,

Welcome to Expat.com Ajoosterhof, Jessicaatje and Olivier :)
Maybe the Network of expatriates in Netherlands would help?
Cheers
Arlette

Hi I am an english lady living in a small village outside  Assen .. Would love to connect with english speaking people and talk about our experiances here in Holland.

Hi Audra! My name is Curtis.I'm a black american from Atlanta,Ga. and i live in Zoetermeer with my Suriname dutch wife and 3 daughters(1 newborn and 2 step,12 and 6).I've been here for a year and 4 months and i'm about to go crazy not being able to socialize and have friends.My friends in America says that i've lost my mind,but i fell in love and don't regret it one bit.I have a beautiful family but i'm considering moving my family to America.The one thing i'm concern about is finding a school that can teach dutch students english.

Hi There

I can totally relate. I fell in love with a Dutch man and I live here in The Netherlands most the time and then I still live in california part time. The best thing I can recommend for school in the states is looking at the Embassy website for the netherlands in america and see if they have any programs that fit your needs.

I did the reverse for here in the netherlands and there are a few expat schools for english speaking children. I was just exploring the idea for now because my girls still go to school in the states. 

I have been living here two years and have my visa, etc. I will have my citizenship in about two years and maintain a dual citizenship with the states and netherlands, as long as they continue to allow it. 

Being here is the netherlands, I too was told it could never work from my friends...but love surely finds a way. In the end it is only a problem if you make it a problem yourself. At least that is what I believe. So, for me, I don't consider it a problem, just a part of my life.  Maybe for others they would think otherwise, but that is for others and not me.

I really would like to talk to other expats living here and see about experiences. I am still learning dutch and started online classes that are really good at myngle.com I really like it! You get one on one classes via skype with your teacher. And it is pretty affordable.

So, how do you like it here in The Netherlands?

Hello Audra. I am Canadian (and also 38), and moved to Baak/ Zutphen (Gelderland) about 6 months ago to be with my Dutch sweetheart. We met in Mexico two years ago and here we are! I know you are in Utrecht which is over an hour away however if you are interested in chatting or getting together once in a while for a coffee please email me anytime at [email protected]. I am also looking to connect with other English speaking expats and would enjoy meeting up. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi there

Nice to meet you! I would love to chat. I will put your email in my address book.

I just got back from states yesterday and having a little jet lag. I will write more later.

Thanks for emailing me! I look forward to our future chats. :)

Sounds great! I have spent quite a bit of time in the U.S...mainly Ohio and New Orleans but being on the border also spent a lot of time in New York and Michigan over the years. I sure do miss the American food (Cracker Barrel and Olive Garden!)and cheap shopping in the US after Thanksgiving! I can relate to that jet lag...It's a killer so enjoy your rest. Talk to you soon!

Hello Audra,

I am an American female hoping to expatriate to the Netherlands. I am curious if you are a highly skilled migrant worker, have a spouse who is a Dutch citizen, or something else. It seems difficult to live and work in the Netherlands unless you have a Dutch spouse or are sponsored by a company. Any insight you can share would be appreciated. By the way, I am 30 years old and married to a fellow American, and work as an executive assistant near San Francisco. Take care!

Brook

Hi there. My name is Dawn and I am currently visiting the UK. I would actually love to move and live in the Netherlands. I had visited Amsterdam back in November, fell in love with the country and now would love to find a way to stay perm with a job. Can you tell me about your experience about moving there, or job, or what happened?

I am coming back for a visit in 4 weeks, so I am trying to get an idea of where I can get some help while I am abroad to stay and live there. How you finding the area you are in? I have a Dutch friend (Actually we are now a couple) who lives in Driebergen. Which I would love to find somewhere close to there, but know I might have to stay in Amsterdam for the time being since there is more likely a sponsoring job there.

We are not in a position to marry as we just became a couple a month or so ago. Anyways would love to hear from you some time. Take care, and I wish you well in the new 2011 year.

Dawn

Hi Dawn

Well, I apologize in the delay getting back with you...and for all my new found friends here.  I had been traveling so much the last couple of months that I haven't made the time to come on here and check it. Although, ironically, I find this very important.

I would love to tell you about my experience here. Perhaps you can email me to my inbox and shoot away at questions you have.

Have you already moved to The Netherlands yet since your post?

I hope all is well. I look forward to hearing from you.

Audra

Hi Brook

My husband is Dutch.  I also live in San Francisco area. We have a home both in Mountain House, CA and here in Utrecht. Planning on coming back March 9th.  Maybe we can chat.

What makes you want to live in The Netherlands? I find it beautiful here. We also love the states. This is both our second marriage so we both have children living in both countries. Which is why, at least for the next five years we will be maintaining two households.

Love to chat. Sorry for the delayed response. I hadn't gotten on here much in the last couple months. Although I wish I had.

Talk to you soon
Audra

sfbaybrook wrote:

Hello Audra,

I am an American female hoping to expatriate to the Netherlands. I am curious if you are a highly skilled migrant worker, have a spouse who is a Dutch citizen, or something else. It seems difficult to live and work in the Netherlands unless you have a Dutch spouse or are sponsored by a company. Any insight you can share would be appreciated. By the way, I am 30 years old and married to a fellow American, and work as an executive assistant near San Francisco. Take care!

Brook

Hi. Sorry for the long delay in my response. I have been traveling so much and had not checked this for a while.
That is great you live in Leusden.
Can you send me your name to my private email? How long have you lived in Leusden?
thx
Audra

I just noticed that this message is old! =(

I am 27 years old from sunny California now living in Amersfoort, so pretty close to Utrecht. I have one son that just turned two. How are you liking it here? Is your husband Dutch?

Maybe I will talk to you soon!

Hi Audra,
My name is Alexis, I'm from Florida and have been living in Utrecht with my Dutch husband for 8 years. We have two boys, ages one and four. I work as a preschool teacher and also teach English to Dutch children. I would love to connect with other American women, let me know if you'd like to get together for a chat sometime!
Take care,
Alexis

Hi All,

I am from India, but working in the
UK  for many years,  planning to move to Utrecht by January 2019. As I see the this thread , I can see you all are well settled in Utrecht  Could you suggest me good areas to live. I was considering near International school, for ease of dropping my son. But not sure about the area, and the house looks more like hospital buildings. Could you please share your view with your experience in Utrecht.

Thank you
Nikhila