Teaching English as a Foreign Language

Does anybody know of any schools where I could gain a TEFL certificate so I could teach English to foreign students?  There seems to be a fair few language schools here and I would like to go into this field as I've heard from a couple of people there is a demand for it.  However,  from the initial google search I've done the courses on offer seem to be supplementary to already having a TEFL certificate.  I am looking to study for the certificate here in Malta, if possible.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

jaymeel wrote:

haysomn

Sorry?

Nearly every English language school in Malta  offer TEFL courses that are recognized and approved by the EFL board and the Ministry of Education. Just Google and compare.

Skylark and Alan Marsh is one good address but there are many others.

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks for the recommendation, Ricky! Cheers (:

Consider doing the CELTA course. After a lot of research, it seems to be more in demand in Malta.

The English Language Academy in Sliema is offering a 4 week TEFL course starting on the 30 th June. The course fee is 220 . Lessons are from 16.30 to 19.30.

Schools do prefer CELTA trained teachers- especially outside of the summer season.

Cheers
Ricky

May I also add if you just have a TEFL you will need an a-level in English language to gain a permit.

Thanks all for your replies.  Thanks also for the tip to go for a CELTA course yoriko alty and Ricky. It's appreciated.  I'd really like to go into this line of work.

Thank you lauradora93 for your reply too.  Does anyone know off the top of their head if a degree (not in English language) supersedes the English Language A Level requirement?

If you dont have English language at a level 4 or above you hvave to sit a TELT here in Malta - they are in novermber and feb.

If you have a CELTA however, that overrules it :)

Thanks for the swift response, lauradora.  Thanks for the info on the level 4 English language and the CELTA.  Much appreciated.