Need Help on Beach

Hello, I am a new yorker with a Dominican Girlfriend interested in opening a business for in Dominican Republic. I have been there on a few occasions and noticed that I could have a possible hit with an idea that can bring sport entertainment and recreation business to some of those beaches. Since we are now planning to live there, I would like help finding regulations for using the beach area - such as Juan Dolio - I was wondering if there are regulations for the use of the area for sporting training and special bike use on the beach - I am sure there is - I was told I need to get authorization or permit from the Ministerio of Tourism. is this true? How can I do that? Who else should I get permit from?
Thanks

Welcome to the forums. Yes you will need special permissions, starting with ministry of tourism plus ithers depending on the full business, clients and how you actually make your money.

I will ask you some questions privately as you should not put specifics on public forums.

There is another thread regarding doing business here, have a read.

Cabreddy you will have to grease many palms and the correct ones to accomplish what you are looking to do. There will be more permits and taxes than you can imagine.
Depending on where you are you can run into turismo tax, local tax, tourist tax (if in a tourist area), building permit tax, and on and on.  If you have not lived here for a while it can be overwhelming.
Does your girlfriend (of how many years?) work currently?

Bob K

Hi all,

We have removed some posts for info.

Regards
Armand
Expat.com Team

Thank you and have a great day

Bob K

Thanks Armand!