Hi frnds

hi frnds,
           i have applied for a bank job in muscat. Am going there for a interview, Is it sure that they will give me job, because am only paying for ticket. they just called me for the interview, so am just in a confused way weather they will take me or they will not nu.

Hello gomathihr,

What you are saying is quite strange for the following reasons :

(1) Usually candidates are not called over to attend interviews from overseas until and unless unless it is for a very senior level position and the prospective employer is 99.9% certain to offer the job to that candidate

(2) It is the responsibility of the prospective employer to arrange for their candidate's visit visa, flight tickets and accommodation

(3) Until and unless the employer has pretty much decided to appoint that person (after the many rounds of previous screenings, online / Skype interviews, filling of forms, etc) they will not take so much of efforts to ask the candidate to just come over - and that too on the candidate's cost.

Given the present scenarios on the ban on appointing female expatriate employees, it is all the more important that you seek some clarity first. It is better to be clear about the above points with your prospective employer before spending money on air tickets, etc.

Ask them if your expenses would be reimbursed.

Ask them if they would put you up in a good hotel.

Ask them if they would arrange for the transport for you to be picked up from the airport / hotel / and dropped back.

Ask them if they have the required labour clearance.

Ask them if there are any issues in hiring a female expatriate employees.

Let them know that you have done your homework thoroughly.

Best of luck !

thank you s much and tel me check with them. i have applied for a hr job. 2  round of interview is over for me. they are give visa and accommodation, the only thing is that they not not paying for my ticket... i have have one of my cousin working, so he only said me about the vacancy about the job.

gomathihr wrote:

hi frnds,
           i have applied for a bank job in muscat. Am going there for a interview, Is it sure that they will give me job, because am only paying for ticket. they just called me for the interview, so am just in a confused way weather they will take me or they will not nu.

Dear Gomathihr!
Please be assured of one thing in here. It is purely the responsibility of the employer company to provide the air-ticket, expenses and a temporary accomodation if they are calling someone for interview.

I would like to add few general informations in here

1-   You must be aware that there is a temporary "BAN" on the hiring of female expatriates these days in Oman.

2-   Banking sector in Oman is heavily omanized for the last few years and I really doubt if they hire any expatriates (Male or females) in the HR.

3-  I have never ever seen any person (Even if interviewed for a General Manager position in engineering), coming to Oman on his own ticket expense for interview. This is something really fishy and I must say that you double check the things before you take a decision. Generally, the interviews are conducted on phone (probably a couple or more rounds of phonic interviews) and then the employer send the direct employment visa to the candidate.

4-   God forbid, if incase its a fraud (Which likely seems to me), you'll end up in a huge trouble after coming to this country (As a few similar cases happened few years back in UAE where they called the females from India / Bangladesh for no reason, detained their passports and then the females were on the mercy of the locals).

Hence, please take a decision with full precautions and be sure you're safe before arriving Oman.

Best of luck!

Hi  gomathihr,

schaz 's observations are very valid and has given some very important points which must be considered carefully by you.

And adding to what he has said, if you do come at all, make sure that you do not hand over your passport to anybody here - even if they say they want to photocopy some pages, etc. That would be a far too risky chance for you to take.

Good luck.

thanks and let me check and come back to u

gomathihr wrote:

thanks and let me check and come back to u

Dear Gomathihr!
We suggest you to discuss (on this forum) the final decision between you and the employer.
As I personally take this as a serious matter.

regards,