Venezuelan Passports.

Hey there, just was looking for information about Venezuelan passports, my gf has one and is moving to ireland, what happens when her passport expires? It will expire in 2019, are you able to renew in the embassy in ireland? Will renewal take long? What happens if she does not renew but is already permantely living here?

Kind regards,
Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Please note that your post is now on the Ireland Forum :)

Why don't you try and call the Embassy in Ireland and find out with them ? Any advice you get from them is going to be at best conjecture.

Unless if someone here does work at the Embassy :)

Thank you

Maximilien

most embassies or consulates in foreign countries will handle passport renewal for their citizens. If you are living abroad, it's usually necessary to have a passport as part of the documentation that you are residing in the country legally.

*disclaimer: I have no knowledge of Venezuelan passports or Irish immigration law, but my experience from other countries has been consistent on this front.

Cheers guys for the help, i may ring the Venezuelan embassy in ireland to find out. My girlfriend already has her passport so there would be no issue with being in the country illegally.
Also i read that Visa's are being introduced for Venezuelan citizens moving to Ireland from June 24th, has anyone else heard of this? Maybe if some of the Venezuelan expats on here could shed any light on this?