Al khaleej training and education

Hi, I just got a job at al khaleej training and education and I want to know if anyone has worked for them? I am not sure if this company is legit.  I just want feedback from people who may have gone through the process and worked for them. Please let me know!

Hi Katie,

It is a legit company and they have a number of institutes here called New Horizons. What will you be doing there?

I would be teaching english. I have never gone abroad to teach before and i just want to make sure i am not being scammed!

Hi Katieb

Actually I know a female instructor working in Al-Khalej Training institute for 3 years now and she never suffered from anything, however she told me once that she get tired from the load of certifications they wants she to achieve as she is Software and Computer instructor, she is working in Jeddah by the way.

wish for you the best

Regards,

Ahmed

It is most probably not a scam however you're right to do your due diligence. It's common practice for institutes here to hire English and American teachers to teach the language as those courses are very much in demand.

yes , It is a legit company :)

HI,

I have also been offered a job by AKTE, but I have also received an offer from the Saudi British Centre at PNU, I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice regarding these two companies and tell me which one is better.

I cant seem to find much up-to-date information on either, so your input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Saudi British Centre of course

Hi Katieb and Sahara0101,

Congratulations on the job offers, however I think you should ensure you are happy with the following before you accept any contract in KSA:

1. Accommodation - provided (shared or single, on or off a western compound) or allowance paid?  I have a two bedroom Al Rushaid compound villa in Khobar @ SAR200k (p.a., however assuming vacancies, Euro Village is approx. SAR 120Kp.a..  One bed western compound accomodation is less (but not much), unless you live on Asian componds or off compound in apartment blocks in an around town.

2. Medical cover - local or global.  Local cover is necessary to be able to see a doctor, and is graded A, B and C (or Gold, Silver, Bronze), and dictates not only the amount of cover but also limits the hospitals and clinics you can visit.  You don't want C!!!!

3. Transport - you probably know that women are banned from driving, but make sure you understand how you get back and forth your work.

4. Return air tickets - one trip home a year is a longggggggggggggggg time in KSA!

5. Multi-entry exit visa so you can get to Bahrain (very western) on the weekends if you want.

Good luck,

HKJS

Al Khaleej is a legit company.  I used to work for them.  There can be a few frustrations but you generally need to be patient.  They sort out your residency permit and pay you on time.  These bare minimums are crucial and some of these companies fail miserably at delivering these bare minimums.

It's a well-known company in Saudi Arabia.  I don't know much about it, but you could try Googling it!

There is a post on the blog that had good activity and input on Al khaleej training and education - https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=237403

Hi, have you made the move yet? Which branch will you be working at?

I would love to work there, how did you go about applying for the position?

I was in talks for a job with them (I went to their office) and I got a "we'll call you" and an "InshaAllah"...

Dear Katie,

I have the same reservations, and have been doing my fair share of research. So far Al Khaleej pros outweigh the cons, especially if you are a first time esl instructor like myself. I've received my contract and hopefully my visa qwill be processed within a month so I aim to reach Saudi by mid August.

If you are in Saudi, I'd love to read about your experiences - especially the process of getting there and starting with Al Khaleej.

Regards,

I have my visa application in as well.. I should be getting there around the same time as you. I have been doing my research too and i hope it all works out. It seems legit.. It just seems like they (al khaleej) do things a little differently than other companies here in the US.. So we will see how it goes!

Great, keep in touch.

has anybody heard feedback from idoscopeeyes?  She got a job offer at Al Khaleej Training & Education. 

I am looking feedback about this company.  Does anybody know anything about working in Tabouk or Al Jouf?

What are the expected dress codes for a foreign woman?  I am offered ESL teaching.

Thanks for any feedback.

Hi EveSim,

Welcome to Expat.com:)

This is a somewhat old thread dating from July, so I would suggest that you start a new discussion on the Saudi Arabia forum so that you get more responses about this company and you can browse through the various discussions for more details.

You can also have a look at the following discussion where you might get some useful information.

Finally, I invite you to have a look at the Expat Guide for Saudi Arabia.

Good luck and if you ever you have any more questions, do not hesitate to post them on the forum  ;)

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Tabouk or Al Jouf?

They are quite isolated, you might find the facilities (gym, recreation, shopping) and supplies (of western food, clothes, electronics) are not what you're used to. This may be detrimental to your standard of living there, as well as to those you're working with. You also might find the students are not as engaged, disciplined or amenable as those you have experienced before.

Both facilities do have quite a high turnover of employees, for many reasons including those I've mentioned above.

I have heard many negatives about Al Khaleej. I also looked on Dave Sperling ESL board website and there was nothing but negatives. Looks like nothing but low pay and split shifts at their Direct English private schools. I would stay away.