Bahrain visit visa expiry date

Good Day All,

I'm Indian working here in Bahrain since 2 years. My parents are here on visit visa & expiry date of visa is 18-July-2014.
But the air ticket which i have booked is for 19-July-2014.

Now what are the issues if they stay a day extra in Bahrain? grace period? fine?

Thanks in advance.
~JK

Dear Jamolv,

As far as i know there was a 10days grace before a fine is imposed, and i guess the fine was 40BD per month. But it is always good to be on a safer side contact your PRO who arranged for the VISA and ask the rules again, because they keep amending it again and again.

I am sure if anyone else has come across this situation they would reply back.

T&R
Arjun

Thanks Arjun for your reply.
I asked them (PRO) about the same but they are also not very sure about it.

Let's wait for some more reply's from others.

Its best to be safe and get it sorted before they go to the airport on the 19th. You don't want elderly people to have to go through unnecessary hassle when they are travelling.

If your PRO cannot help, I am sure the immigration authorities will be able to guide you properly if you go to the Immigration Office in Exhibition Road.

I spoke to mr PRO, he said it is ok but you knew know the situation, as Farhaz pointed out you could go to the immigration authority and seek assistance regarding the same.

But if no option make sure you go with them to the airport and until they clear the immigration be there

I m sure you would not let it happen the next time!

T&R
Arjun

Thanks Guys!

I also came to know from one source that, if you are exiting country within next 24 hours from visa expiry date then it is OK but still needs to make it 100% sure.

I'll try to contact immigration authority for assistance & will keep posting on the same.

Just to update, immigration didn't ask for anything when they left Bahrain within 24 hours after visa expiry.

I guess because it was within 24 hours they didn't bother. But again, this shouldn't be taken as a rule where everyone will be allowed to leave the country without a problem after their visa has expired.

jamolv wrote:

Just to update, immigration didn't ask for anything when they left Bahrain within 24 hours after visa expiry.

Thanks for the update, jamolv. Appreciate your coming back to us with your experience for everyone's benefit.

But I agree with brightonguy - its always better to be safe and keep to the permitted visa dates.