Driving Licence

Hi,
How much dose it cost to take driving licence in Saudi?
can i get Gulf Driving Licence ? if so how much will it cost ?

SR 600 - 10 yrs license. 5 years I guess 350 SR.
From Saudi, you can get only Saudi License.

any websites for me to go through?

pkmusd wrote:

SR 600 - 10 yrs license. 5 years I guess 350 SR.
From Saudi, you can get only Saudi License.

and Saudi license works all over GCC and used it in North America..

Hamudi,

If you are a Saudi national, you could drive anywhere in the GCC on a Saudi licence. If you are an expat, you could still drive anywhere in the gulf as long as you are on a "bisiness visit" , temporary work" or a "transit" visa.  I some  gulf states this permission is limited to "rent a car vehicles" only therefore please check.

As far as North America is concerned, one can drive on his country's licence or your country's International licence ( as long as they are in english) when you are on a "tourist, visit or business" visa. Once you are on a student, immigration or work visa, you could only drive on a US licence. Thanks

riazcdki wrote:

Hamudi,

If you are a Saudi national, you could drive anywhere in the GCC on a Saudi licence. If you are an expat, you could still drive anywhere in the gulf as long as you are on a "bisiness visit" , temporary work" or a "transit" visa.  I some  gulf states this permission is limited to "rent a car vehicles" only therefore please check.

As far as North America is concerned, one can drive on his country's licence or your country's International licence ( as long as they are in english) when you are on a "tourist, visit or business" visa. Once you are on a student, immigration or work visa, you could only drive on a US licence. Thanks

OP asked about driving license in Saudi, so I assumed he is going to live in Saudi, and he inquired about GCC license. Based on that I suggested to him that he can use his Saudi license in GCC countries because he will enter there on a visit/business or whatever visa :) so he can rent on it.

If he had mentioned he is going to immigrate to North America then of course I will give him a different feedback.

Let us enjoy the perks of having a Saudi license ....

Is it useful to have driving license from home country(India) while applying in driving license for Saudi ?
is there any advantage ?

SIM1986 wrote:

Is it useful to have driving license from home country(India) while applying in driving license for Saudi ?
is there any advantage ?

yes, you will save time, else they will give you classes for 5 days.

pkmusd wrote:
SIM1986 wrote:

is there any advantage ?

yes, you will save time, else they will give you classes for 5 days.

q