I need some advice from OFW's who's working in Malta or any Experts

Hello everyone!
Im Filipina and really wanted to work in Malta but unfortunately couldnt find the right way and safe way on how. Becoz here in Philippines theres alot of fraud and illegal recruiter.
Firstly I want to know what could be the first step that i will do becoz I have some offered job before and now, via "friend reffered" and also via advertisement , but they say it was a "Direct Hire" and everything will be arranged under POEA. But whats really bothered me was they offered different "Placement fees" like some offered P250,000 and other is P300,000, just wanna know how much the total costs of all the processing papers and everything? and How long does it takes before the applicant can deployed?  Some info that Ive gathered was after u get the visa some people say it takes a year so Im just wondering wants really the usual?
I hope u can help me guys, Thanks so much in Advance! :)

Hi Chocoyum,

a work permit for a third-country national comes with fees of 150  on application and 80  when the permit is collected.

Since August 2013 applications for room cleaners and attendents are not granted anymore.

All other arrangements and procedures you mention occure in the Philipines and cannot be judged from here. A work permit is normally granted for up to one year and can take 2-3 months to process in Malta.

300.000 P = around 5000  ! That is about what you can earn in 6 months  in Malta ! Are you sure you are not being ripped off?

Cheers
Ricky

Hi! Mr. Ricky thanks for your reply I appreciate it so much!

Im just wondering why some Filipinos here has been deployed to  work there as a Room Attendant? if according to ETC stating that :In respect of cleaners and room attendants, as from 14th August 2013, the Corporation will not be accepting applications for such posts. This includes Romanians, Bulgarians and Croatians. as like as u said too. So i guess that include non EU applicants including Filipinos?

It made me dissappointed felt like i really have no chance anymore :( if thats their policy
Oh my God so sad! :(