New and a little sad

Hi, I have been living in Japan for over 14 years...quite an experience, husband, child.  I decided to write a blog about the experience, and I have written about 5 posts...I got depressed when I realized that it seem almost impossible to get anyone to read it....do you think anyone out there is really interested in an expat life?

Karen

Hello Karen and welcome to Expat.com! :)
Of course your experience of life in Japan would be a huge contribution to this forum!
You know what? I'll move your topic to the Japan forum for a wider and more specific visibility! As you will see there are many subforums for the specific towns of Japan in which you might contribute.
There is also our Guide of expat life in Japan in which you might contribute by writing informative articles.
So enjoy participating in the forums and hope to read more about your shortly!
Cheers
Aette

P.S. : You may also reference your blog in Expat.com's directory by clicking on this link; this will give it more visibility to the members.

Hello Karen,
yes. People are def. interested.
But first of, you need to build a little 'community'.
Means, you have to find people who's blogs interest you. Leave a comment or two, see if they come to you and leave comments.
It's most times a bit of a tid for tad.
Most of all, you need to enjoy writing and sharing. Use tags for your blog posts and search engines will pick up your stories. People will come via that (usually they don't leave comments, but sometimes ask some questions).

If you have fun writing and sharing, keep it up :)

Best wishes,
Nicole

i just appreciate your attempt...good luck..

Karen keep writing your blog.Even if no one reads it you will have the personal joy of sharing.I have not read any blogs new to the forum but look forward to it.I have friends who are thinking of moving there,Japan.So any thing written is info not out of a book and much more real cause it is from real people.Rebel Bella Belize

It takes a little longer than that to find readers. Eventually people will find you on search engines and continue to read. Remember you need to offer them something and not just make it an everyday diary etc