Salalah or sohar? to settle! choice is left to me! very confused!

helo folks, 

hoping to find learned and well thought of responses.

Am 30 yr old guy,recently married. I have offer to work in sohar or salalah, choice left to me to choose any location i want. though I have done my schooling in Indian school Salalah till 12th, n thn moved to India for studies. and parents r in muscat since aftr i left from salalah. so know muscat too v well. also saw sohar in my last trip to muscat 2 months back. wel, all say Sohar has become some amazing place, but frankly, still far off as compared to Muscat! thr is still dat 1 lane of market area, though supermarkets have opened no doubt.

So this is my History, so it wud help u all to give a nice response.

Now, am very confused abt choosing. salalah is cut off from evrything apart from itself only! any civilization is atleast 1000kms away. Sohar is d mid ground btwn major cities of the area - Muscat-Dubai, Abu Dhabi etc, u all know.

and I gave my age, so u would know, am not v keen on a laid back life alone. need fun too along with work....

Cost of Living not a problem, Quality very important...

So all these factors are there. kindly put in ur advice in as much detail as possible guys 

thank u all

hi...dr.sumit....i was reading ur post...i m dr.rajat...anaesthetist. from india .got one offer to join in LLh sohar...so needed few details

@ rajatjain > Please note that Dr Sumit has posted on this topic back in 2010, which means that it is a very old one.

If you are looking for some information, please create a new thread on the Oman forum please.

Thanks,

Priscilla