Hi All,

Was just wondering if anyone could please tell me wether I would be able to buy my prescription blood pressure tablets over the counter in Portugal like in Spain? In Spain you just show them the box and for blood pressure tablets they just sell them over the counter. Thanks

i dont have any i dea just droping by :lol:

Hi Manoncita,
Answering to yoyr question, yes you can buy in Portugal most of the blood pressure drugs without prescription.

By the way... one liter of red wine, 400grs olive tree leaves, let them in infusion for one week and drink one small glass each day... your blood pressure will stabilise without any drugs!

(Medical advise)

Thanks so much for troubling to answer me and an infusion of red wine and olive tree leaves sounds just what the doctor ordered! Will be in Portugal very soon so will make it as soon as I get there! Thanks.

Ask who you want, olive tree leaves and wine do have important enzimes that lead to blood pressure stabilization... believe it or not!

I do believe you. I researched on the net after you told me and I cant believe how wonderful the leaves  seem to be. Its strange that I didnt know that before. So in England we can only buy dried leaves or extract of leaves. What do I do in Portugal. Do I just pick them off the trees?

In Portugal you don't have to buy the leaves... olive trees are all over this country and you just have to pick them from the trees, wash and rinse and they are ready for use. If you like, instead of a red wine infusion you can made regular tea with the leaves, it works too.
There are lots of plants who can substitute regular drugs...

Do you know that corn beards tea is perfect and almost immediate solution for urinary tracts or infections?

Regards
Carlos

No I didnt know that corn beards tea is good for you too. I think I will make the olive tree leaves with the red wine it sounds good and I like the idea of that! You seem to know so much about it all are you a pharmacist or something? Any more information?!
Thanks
Manon

No, I'm not a pharmacist but I still have a 100years old grandmother who knows a lot about this stuff... and she is the living proof that it results. 100 years, healthy and fresh like a teenager! :)

Do you like garlic? The best thing you can give to your heart!

Hi Carlos,
Yes I love garlic.
Your grandmother sounds amazing. 100 is a wonderful age. You must have learnt many things from her.
I have been researching olive leaf extract in England and the pills. Its all so expensive. It seems much cheaper to live in Portugal and pick the leaves off the trees!
Where do you live in Portugal?
By for now
Manon

Hi Manon,
I'm living for the momment in a city called Santarem, about 60kms north of Lisbon.
There are lots of things in Portugal whish are MUCH MORE cheaper than in your country. :cool:
Will it be your first experience in Portugal?

Restaurants - Good level / fancy  +/- €20 to €30
Restaurants - Normal day to day   +/- €10 to €15

Employees - Minimum salary under €500 (€475)

Fish - Very acceptable prices

Wine - Starts by €1 a bottle (for €3 you get already a nice one)

Beer - 0,33cl bottle €0,80

Bread - Regional €1,20 (1kg)

Coffee - Bica (small coffee) €0,60

Wish you a great sunday!

Carlos

Hi Carlos,
Lovely and sunny here today! England can be good somethimes! Prices much more expensive though.
Yes its my first time in Portugal. I am really looking foward to it.
Do you happen to know how much taxis are? Will need to take a taxi ride of about 35 kms.
For the red wine and olive leaves, about how many olive leaves do I need? Did you say 400 gms? Dont know how many that would be?
Wishing you a good Sunday too. What do people in Portugal do on Sundays? Are shops open on Sundays? For example supermarkets?
Going out to the sun while it is here!
Bye for now
Manon

Hi Manon,
If, and only if you are lucky and get a honest taxi driver at the airport you can count with €35 to €40 for a 35km trip. This info has been given to me by a taxi driver I know.
Be free to contact me if you need my help/support on your stay in Portugal. For the momment I'm "between jobs" and glad to help you out if necessary. Don't worry about costs, I do it for free! ;)

Regards
Carlos

Hi Carlos,
Thats such a kind offer thanks so much. Think I am going to be quite near to you I will be somewhere near Sintra.
Thats exciting applying for a job with the FIA. Did you work in that world already or is it all new. I know something about FIA because my godson has been racing karts a lot in Europe and I have gone to see him. Actually he was racing today with Formula Renault Barc and he won! I am so proud of him. When do you hear if you get the job? Do you like Brussels?
You didnt answer me about how many olive leaves I need for my litre bottle wine!! I really need to know because I wont have anything to weigh leaves with there! 400gms sounds like a lot of leaves!
Of course I am in England and the weather has turned to rain now! :(
Did you have a good Sunday?
Bye for now
Manon

Hi Manon,
I'm connected to transports and logistics in the automobile industry since 1990. I think it will take some time till they decide about the right candidate for the position. Last February I was involved in another selection process for Managing Director at the European Car Transport Association also in Brussels and the process took almost three months. By the end the selected one has been a compatriot of you. :)
In Brussels I know only the airport and the european block!
I like/love every motorized sport, karts, motorbikes, cars, quads, jet ski... my passion! :cool:

Regarding the olive tree leaves... you can do it proporcionaly, for one liter wine 400 grams, for half liter 200, for 250cc 100.
I have to test how much leaves it is... I'll tell you later.
By the way, leaves must be dry, not fresh or green. If you need  it on a short period it's better you buy it in a herbal store (very cheap).

Artichoke works also very good with blood pressure and you find  it everywhere on the country side. Let it dry and make tea of it... another way to stabilize blood pressure.

Maybe we should use our emails for the conversation... you know my email!

Regards
Carlos