Cost of living in Poland

Hi everybody,

It would be very interesting and useful to exchange informations about the cost of living in Poland
. The idea is to help those who would like to live in Poland
Don't forget to mention where you are living

Let's compare the:

> accommodation prices (how much does it cost to rent or to buy an accommodation in Poland
?)

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...)

> food prices(per month, how much does it cost you?)

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)

> eduction prices (if you need to pay)

> energy prices (oil, electricity)

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)

> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant

> prices of a beer or a coffee in a regular pub

Thanks in advance for your participation!

Cost of living in Poland is rather high, but all relative to how much you earn. Food is not too expensive, niether is petrol and other things you need. Warsaw is the most expensive city, while small towns are not. If you work in the city, consider living in a small nearby town and commute to work. I personaly like welching from my wifes parents for a free place to live. If I had to pay rent, it would be very difficult to make it here.

hi all,
i have business oportunity to work and live in Warsaw but I do not know is offered sallary small, medium or big.
Well the offered monthly sallary is 4.000 EUR - I'm asking is this sallary enough for 4 members family (2 adults and 2 school kids).

Thanks in advance

That is very high 4,000 euro in Poland would be more than I could ever hope to earn in Poland.

ty for answering

stefonic wrote:

That is very high 4,000 euro in Poland would be more than I could ever hope to earn in Poland.

I am a Chinese who is living in Poland. I need chinese translation.

Hi!
You can do it :-)
http://www.chinese-tools.com/tools/chin … onary.html
When you need some translation type in google:
- słownik chińsko polski online
or
- slownik chinsko polski online

And about costs:
You need to know, what city (different prices), and you can have some flat in 500 PLN, but its is small and poor standard, or 2,000 PLN, new and great standard.

Foot is very cheap, you can eat dinner in some 15-35 PLN
Big pizza is in 25-35 PLN, hamburger 5-7 PLN

Most normal peoples earning about 1000-1200 PLN, so when you have salary in 1000 euro, you have more much than you need to survival :)

now 1 PLN = 4,17 Euro

The cost of living does vary wildly - you can live like a king on 3000zl a month in small towns, and 3000zl a month in a place like Poznan will still give you a reasonable life if you're single and like a drink (or six).

3000zl might be difficult in Warsaw, but it really does depend on what you like doing. If you must eat in Expat restaurants and drink in Expat bars, along with shopping in the best supermarkets - of course 3000zl won't go far. But if you 'live like a Pole' - then it can be just fine.

WARSAW

accomodation:
a) rent - 2.500-8.000zl
b) buy - for regular flat (around 80sqm, ordinary district) around 600.000zl

public transport:
a)children and students: 1.25zl, for a month 39zl
b) adults: 2.50zl, for a month 78zl

education
a) children: costs get higher in every next school, some high schools are quite expensive (these are all extra costs, like trips)
b) students: I don't know, sorry.
Books cost around 200-400zl for children, 600zl for students

Energy: all around 100-200zl

Other bills: 70-200zl (Internet is two times more expensive that in Britain and costs around 140zl, for example)

Traditional restaurant menu (as for what I know)
cold drinks: 4-8zl
hot drinks: 6-18zl
alcohols: 8-20zl
salads: 12-25zl
soups: 10-15zl
dishes: depends, but usually 20-40zl
desserts: 8-20zl

Beer: 6-12zl (in a regular bar)
Coffee: 9-28zl (cafes etc)

Do you need any other information?