Life partner visa and work.

My girlfriend is South African and circumstances dictate I need to move to SA.  We will shortly qualify for life partner status, however I fear that I am unemployable.  Employment law seems to insist that you must hire a South African unless it can be proven that any immigrant is more qualified for that position and truth be told I have no demonstrable skills beside being a good bar manager and excellent salesman, though I have no qualifications in either.  Do I have any shot of finding employment?

Everybody so negative. YES you would find a job. There's everywere a need for marketing. If you got experience in marketing you wil be enrolled befor you can say "knife". just get yourself a good resume and send starting now. Abattoirs always good place to start.

All countries say that foreign workers must have some skill that locals do not have, but that is rarely true.

The only real way to easily find a job in South Africa is to come here. Employers want to meet you in person for interviews, unless you have a very rare skill. Have you seen the new Critical Skills Work Visa list yet?

Thank you all for your responses.  Nice to know it is a possibility.  I do plan from applying from within the country so that should make things a little easier. And no MiaCulpa, I haven't seen that yet.  I'll look into it.