Offer in university as professor Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Dear friends,
Please forward your suggestions what is a good offer for a Phd  Associate Professor with 10 years experience in Malaysia Lincoln University college.
Also suggest which area i should live and the nearest Indian school to this area.

Please reply with  amount involved in housing and school.
High regards

This article shows you the local salaries paid by the education ministry here in Malaysia - about RM13,500 per month.

University level salaries in Malaysia

Its located close to Kelana Jaya LRT train station. There is an Indian School in Brickfields which is where Sentral Station is located. So you could live in Brickfields and train it to work.

Here is a link to info about Global Indian International School:

GIIS Brickfields

You can pay anything from RM2500 upwards for housing:

Iproperty / Brickfields

This is a good source to see current salary levels:

glassdoor.com/Salaries/professor-salary-SRCH_KO0,9.htm

Thanks for your help I wish other members write there suggestions and experiences.

Excellent English language skills are essential to be able to work in a professional capacity in Malaysia.

Lincoln is a cheap employer so I heard from an Indo friend and a local colleague and they employ the cheapest lecturers. Salaries can be as low as 2.5k for new lecturers in local private Universities. With ten years experience you would expect 15k for a decent Uni, but Lincoln. Let me guess they didn't offer that (if they did just take it).

A fiend was harassed as  a lecturer there very badly and left as management didn't care. Although doesn't beat another Uni where they asked another friend to dress like a tramp to keep the students happy (mostly foreign males). Most of these private local Unis are very bad quality as they are cert factories and lecturers are expected to give As to students who don't turn up but paid fees. Only take if desperate is my honest opinion.

The state Unis like UM, PM and UKM are worth working for. And a few of the better private Unis.

HELP and Segi though do provide a boost to the Changkat bar economy by students  entertaining tourists I note  :offtopic:

I request others to share their views.

Well it seems as if your mind is made up and you are just waiting for someone to tell you what you want to hear.  Best of luck with your mission to Malaysia.  I don't think you will survive one week, as the students will have better English Language skills than you......

People who are highly Qualified always write below level ,you know that, any way seems you are still learning!!!
I don't have time to see what i am writing ,please if there is any correction you can convey, God has made people like you to help and check good and bad.
By the way I have not made my mind, and how can I when people have already written "Cheap Employer".and i believe in suggestions and practical experiences.

Great people!!!.

Dear friends please keep on writing about the subject.

Thanks