GIFTS - What to bring from Saudi Arabia as a gift??

Hello, after while I'm going to travel for a vacation back to my country (Czech Republic). I'm searching what to buy for my friends and my family gifts. I want something traditional for Saudi Arabia. I will be happy for any tips! Also you can put some tips on normal gifts (not traditional for Saudi).

Thank yooou...

how about the ARAB knife? ;) -- the "L" shape knife...
some saudi flags? dates? (i particularly bringing cholocate covered dates - with almonds)

Stuffed dates are good option. "Talah" provides wide variety of them.

Try fresh dates (unflavored) from Madinah!

Got to agree with all the peeps here, but here are few more wide options :
1.You can pack the traditional clothes for both males/females ,since i presume it might look exotic/new  to foreign people about the way of dressing.(totally depends on you whether tailored or readymade) might include abbaya as well :idontagree: .
2.  Dont take food or might as well avoid it, it may get frisked at the customs (depends on your country).
3. Some traditionals perfumes and fragrances .(highly recommended and popular ).

Popolocroix wrote:

some saudi flags? dates? (i particularly bringing cholocate covered dates - with almonds)

HAHA :lol:  ,i bet they (customs)  wont even let the dagger or so called  knife even enter into the plane,moreover they might even restrain you on bringing contraband items even if it is fully packed in luggage,and moreover it need special permission and authenticated papers  for carrying it.

You can visit the Al-Hazzaz world (عالم الهزازي) for a variety of things to take back home;
foursquare.com/v/alhazzaz-world-for-hosuehold-items-%D8%B9%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%87%D8%B2%D8%A7%D8%B2%D9%8A/50c6265ee4b032fa84008d3c

Djzubaid wrote:
Popolocroix wrote:

HAHA :lol:  ,i bet they (customs)  wont even let the dagger or so called  knife even enter into the plane,moreover they might even restrain you on bringing contraband items even if it is fully packed in luggage,and moreover it need special permission and authenticated papers  for carrying it.

I already did bring with me before, one 12" blade Katana (like a small japanese sword)....and 1 stylish arab knife (yes, not a whole bag packed of it!)... and also, yes! not hand carried :P

Gratata!!!  :P

Dobry den Pani veronica..jsem Dr. Ali z Riyadh..Ja bych chtel vam poradit o napady darek...samozrejme myslim ze...muzete koupit datle..nejlepsi jsou v Saudke arabske...muzete,to na Mall Tiyba... Olaya Ulice et take jsou nejake obchody na to v Riyah Gallery..a Panorama Mall ...takhasusi Ulice...

take muzte koupit toys jako Camel...take arabska kavy..ktere ji s datle..tradice ...

jsem na dovolenou zatim v kahire...Pyramidy!!!!!

vratim se az v srpna

mejte se pekne dovolenou

na shledanou

Dr. Ali...Riyadh

Popolocroix wrote:
Djzubaid wrote:
Popolocroix wrote:

I already did bring with me before, one 12" blade Katana (like a small japanese sword)....and 1 stylish arab knife (yes, not a whole bag packed of it!)... and also, yes! not hand carried :P

Well,i dont know ,but i guess you are quite lucky because i have several tales or moreover incidences  where normal simpletons were detained and questioned for hours over the matters of small pocket knife.And yes i guess it also depends on the customs of different countries .

Popolocroix wrote:
Djzubaid wrote:
Popolocroix wrote:

Hi, I'm looking for the L shape knives for a long time. Can you please guide me where I can find them in Riyadh?

Popolocroix wrote:
Djzubaid wrote:
Popolocroix wrote:

Chocolate covered dates with almond...sounds yummy.. and dates is a healthy stuff and not easily spoiled...so I think it's good to bring one for your friends..just wrap it up to make it more special :-) Good luck and bon voyage!

Actually it's not saudi, it comes from Yamen

As it  is a very old thread its better to start a new thread

Closed