Moving to florence

Hi I am Sharon and I am what my friends call desperate and my kids call crazy to move to florence!
I visited there last year with my friend of 50 years and her son and his girlfriend, we were also in rome, venice and paris but I have never felt so at home in a place before as i did in Florence. I am planning another trip with the same friend (Cindy) for later this year (fingers crossed i can make it happen) this time i want to be there at least 1 month.
I know there is much to learn before a move so I am hoping that you all can help! I would love for my friend to join me but there is a dog issue (for a move) so if I have to do this alone it would be great to know some of you when i get there.
Right now I would love to find a place to rent from approx 9/20 - 11/1 that wont kill the budget. any help?
thanks everyone and i look forward to getting to know some of you.

I would also will love to stay either in Florence or Tuscany for about a couple of months, want someone to share an apartment or an small villa, let me know if you find anything, my email is [email protected], I am in Ecuador, South America.