How to take my 2 dogs to South Africa from China

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get my 2 small dogs from china to south africa and so far the agencies I have tried have given me extremely expensive quotes. The cheapest so far is 45 000 RMB for the 2 dogs. I just cant afford this much. Doing it by myself seems like a complex task aswell. Any ideas? Anyone done this before? Any help would be most appreciated.

I have a pomeranian, 4yrs old and will take it with me to Philippines. What we did is to get to the vet, get his immunization records and went to the entry-exit quarantine bureau of Suzhou.   

After getting a certificate, you need to bring your dogs and their vet records and e-ticket for your flight out of China within 5 working days before departure.

Then, they will issue a certificate which you need to submit and show to the accredited pet hospital(shenpucw.com) in your port of exit(i.e.Pudong Airport, Shanghai which is about 2hrs drive from Suzhou, Jiangsu Province. Bring 2 photocopies of your passport and 2 photocopies of your e-ticket, your dog/s and their records.

From there, you will apply for the health quarantine inspection certificate and pay about 940 rmb (actual) since they will inject a microchip on your dog and analyze the blood of your dog for any disease.

Then, they will ask you to come back after 2 days to get the health quarantine inspection certificate from another location which you need to show at the airline when you check-in for your fllight.

You also need to buy an appropriate kennel for the dog per airline requirement.

I hope you can find this helpful.  Good luck!

Hi there, many thanks for advice and replies. Its seems the high expense and problems with doing it myself is all because the South Africa side requires a certain blood test be done that China doesnt actually do (for their own reasons). I will look into the suzhou option, failing that i am looking for a good home for them. Many thanks!